Anyone seen that new Millers Diesel Sport 4 additive for sale?

InfernalBadger

Sep 6, 2006
Berkshire
Just put my 2nd lot in. Made sure I put it in before the fuel this time. Using it with standard shell diesel. Definitely seems a little less smoky and maybe a bit more revvy, but that might just be a placebo effect :D

dmjw01

Upstanding Member
Jul 28, 2005
Woking, UK
www.dmjwilliams.co.uk
Can I have your empty bottle ?
Have you figured out a way of filling it?

I've bought a 500ml bottle of the Millers 4 to try out, and will be buying a 5l bottle if it's good - but I can't think of a way of filling the empty 500ml bottle without spilling. Any ideas?

Come to think of it, there must be a clever way of doing it, because they must have a quick way of doing it at the bottling plant.:think:

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
you could try just sqeezing the bottle to activate the check vavle in the bottle and see if it willdrain into the main reservoir (with bottle still sqeezed)? worth a shot if not already been tried?

daveyonthemove

Smile if you like SEAT's
May 14, 2006
Wrexham
Why go to the bother?
Just measure out a dose for the tank into ANY OLD BOTTLE....... so long as the lid screws tight you don't have the mess if you cant re-use one of the millers bottles, and you don't have the hassle (some of you say it is, but i don't think so) of measuring it in.
Come on guys, you're all clever enough to drive, surely this simple task isn't that hard? :(

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
Why go to the bother?
Just measure out a dose for the tank into ANY OLD BOTTLE....... so long as the lid screws tight you don't have the mess if you cant re-use one of the millers bottles, and you don't have the hassle (some of you say it is, but i don't think so) of measuring it in.
Come on guys, you're all clever enough to drive, surely this simple task isn't that hard? :(

i use a 120ml one-shot oil bottle to fill up, two does. does the trick!

Last edited:

beefy

Oct 28, 2006
just posted this under hints and tips section, but after hours of thoughts, and some serious consideration i felt it would be a more relevant post here

how can 1ml of this stuff make such a difference to 1000ml of diesel?

I dont really know much about anything to do with cars but 1ml increasing the cetane rating by 5 seems quite steep.

Is it really that good?

If i put 1ml of robinsons diluting juice into 1000ml of water, well it would just taste like water......

Jan 1, 2007
Retford, Notts
just posted this under hints and tips section, but after hours of thoughts, and some serious consideration i felt it would be a more relevant post here

Perhaps, but there are many fuel additive products available, many of which are used by top dealers/manufacturers/sports events. Surely they cant all be wrong,

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
To all those who (like myself) have bought the 5-litre containers of Millers Diesel Sport 4.

If you're looking for some suitable bottles, how about these:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Pack-of-10-Tr...ryZ31822QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem
I just bought a pack of 5 for £1.99 + 99p postage.

Made from HDPE so should be resistant to whatever chemicals are in the Millers additive, and the 100ml size is just right to double dose a tankful :)

dmjw01

Upstanding Member
Jul 28, 2005
Woking, UK
www.dmjwilliams.co.uk
Those look like the one the doctor told me to fill up at my last medical! :lol:

I'm not sure I'd want to be seen in public holding one of those with some yellow-ish liquid in it! :D

Last edited:

BJM

Sep 25, 2005
Houston, Renfrewshire
I've been running this for a few hundred miles now and I'm impressed, not put the foot down yet but better response, less smoke and noise, and better MPG.

The place I got mine can do me 5l for £55 - is this about right?

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
I've been running this for a few hundred miles now and I'm impressed, not put the foot down yet but better response, less smoke and noise, and better MPG.

The place I got mine can do me 5l for £55 - is this about right?

got mine off internet, delivered and all for £60, so about right?

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
What do you think of my "spice rack" :D

DSC00217.JPG

Wheely

Nov 19, 2003
The Sou' West
Visit site
Does this stuff affect (adversely) your fuel computer ??

Reason being I added my first lot (2 doses) last night on a full refill.
Went to work today as normal (10 miles), maybe slightly more reserved than normal and fuel computer showed 39mpg when it always reads >42mpg for the journey. ?!?!?!?!?

I also got 4 new tyres fitted the day before -- they're at correct pressure -- but surely this shouldnt decrease consumption.

Oh and finally. A new bottle comes full, so the first fill in the reservoir is above the 1/1 mark. Dont be tempted to blow into the reservoir to reduce this level down as (1) It just comes back up again and (2) It tastes so yuk that the flavour and smell sticks for 12 hours :cry:

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
Wheely - I wouldn't expect it to affect your computer.

It could well be down to tyres, if they're of a different make/type.