Anyone seen that new Millers Diesel Sport 4 additive for sale?

golisago

so this will not improve mpg as people say it will then? im totally new to TDI's so dnt know much. Also i jus tipped 5k miles. Some people have said to change the oil at this. Is it worth doing it or not?

You have a very new car and need to run it in before doing anything to it/him/her , but as it begins to loosens up after having clocked up a good few miles the mpg will get very much better than it is now.

Last edited by a moderator:

FerrariStu

Scuderia Leona
Feb 15, 2007
be very careful of diesel addatives especially if you have a new diesel with dpf fitted the amount of damage they can cause is ££££.
not only does it damage the priming pump but also damages the actual pump itself.
if your car is under warranty and something goes on ure pumps/ injectors the fuel is normally tested now and if anything abnormal is found to which could be described as a fule enhancer youll have to pay for it.
no lies seen it before and very recently...

So why is it's use so effective on so many of the cars owned by members of this forum?

.... and why would using this additive affect new car owners more as you imply ?

I'm not debating your experience in these matters but the weight of evidence suggests that users experiencing issues using (specific?!) fuel additives are in the minority. :)

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2001
because new diesels now run DPF systems (Diesel particle filters) in the exhaust system and tolorences are close and are easily contaminated.

FerrariStu

Scuderia Leona
Feb 15, 2007
because new diesels now run DPF systems (Diesel particle filters) in the exhaust system and tolorences are close and are easily contaminated.

Miller's Diesel Sport 4 specifically states that it's suitable for Euro IV engines with a DPF so as long as you don't use gallons of the stuff it should be OK to use (as others have been experiencing)?!

Georgel

Aug 10, 2005
It does clearly state that on the bottle.

As for the remap at partial throttle economy will be slightly better.

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
Most people who've used Millers additive report lower smoke outputs, so surely this is more likely to prevent DPF problems, than cause them.

FerrariStu

Scuderia Leona
Feb 15, 2007
Most people who've used Millers additive report lower smoke outputs, so surely this is more likely to prevent DPF problems, than cause them.

My assumption based on info was that you wouldn't use Miller's Diesel Power Plus for a Euro IV engine but that Sport 4 was designed specifically with Cats and DPFs in mind.

Jun 28, 2001
you fee free to use it but i know that if you have a pump failure or silmilar the fuel WILL be tested and if it finds something not of the norm but an addative then bye bye warranty (FACT)

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
How can they test the fuel and find anything not the norm as different fuels are different grades and 'manufacturer/refineries' if you will, is millers not a blend of additives already in diesel?

Craig Senior

I've been Tango'd
May 24, 2004
Yorkshire
How can they test the fuel and find anything not the norm as different fuels are different grades and 'manufacturer/refineries' if you will, is millers not a blend of additives already in diesel?

That's what I thought.

Isn't BP Ultimate just standard derv with more stuff added?

Jun 28, 2001
as someone who is into motorsport i would have thought you would have known about fuel testing???
Basically what i know and have had to do in the past as a technician is that fuel samples ARE taken if someting abnormal has happened.Mazda have just gone through this last year with people adding addatives and destroying the pumps..

Craig Senior

I've been Tango'd
May 24, 2004
Yorkshire
as someone who is into motorsport i would have thought you would have known about fuel testing???
Basically what i know and have had to do in the past as a technician is that fuel samples ARE taken if someting abnormal has happened.Mazda have just gone through this last year with people adding addatives and destroying the pumps..

So SEAT have access to all the fuel manufacturers formulas to compare with the samples taken from suspect cars?

Jun 28, 2001
ah your been stupid now. NO the fuel samples are sent off by the dealer too a testing plant.
come and do my job and youll soon see

woodyTDI

Jan 29, 2007
Essex
so what is added in normal fules to incrase mpg? also as you are a tech, what is the best fule to be used?

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
So how does SEAT for example then compare the sample to "normal" fuel? an example is the fuel mishap in southern England recently, i know this was maybe to fuel storage but there are variations on fuel compositions/formulae between distributers etc.

Craig Senior

I've been Tango'd
May 24, 2004
Yorkshire
ah your been stupid now. NO the fuel samples are sent off by the dealer too a testing plant.
come and do my job and youll soon see

Not stupid, just curious.

Does the testing plant have all the fuel formulas?

My tank might have a mixture of Shell, BP Ultimate & Morrisons in (It doesn't by the way) Would they be able to tell?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise