Anyone seen that new Millers Diesel Sport 4 additive for sale?

Feb 1, 2007
Nottingham
I bought some yesterday and cant honestly see any difference:cry: unless it takes a while, but then I have already done 150 miles since I put it in the tank

Viking

Insurance co's are crap.
May 19, 2007
Near Richmond, North Yorks
Certainly doing a good job of trying to get people to buy a new bottle of the stuff if the old didn't seem to work for them.

"This additive I bought didn't do anything when I tried it!"

"Oh, well buy another bottle and see if it's any better then!"

"Ooh, that's a good idea."

Not.

Maybe some actual data or evidence as to whether it's going to be any different would help your sales pitch, rather than a thinly veiled implication that the company you work for has realised it dropped a b***ock with this stuff and has remanufactured it.

Now, I'm a Millers fan, as I use it in my 200k miles Berlingo, and it makes a big difference. However, I've got half a 5litre drum to get through before I consider buying the next generation product. If you could keep us up to date on what's going on with it, and whether it's actually any better than the original then that's always good for future sales. Using us as an anonymous feedback machine to test out your efforts, isn't. :stick:

Lubi Lou

Certainly doing a good job of trying to get people to buy a new bottle of the stuff if the old didn't seem to work for them.

"This additive I bought didn't do anything when I tried it!"

"Oh, well buy another bottle and see if it's any better then!"

"Ooh, that's a good idea."

Not.

Maybe some actual data or evidence as to whether it's going to be any different would help your sales pitch, rather than a thinly veiled implication that the company you work for has realised it dropped a b***ock with this stuff and has remanufactured it.

Now, I'm a Millers fan, as I use it in my 200k miles Berlingo, and it makes a big difference. However, I've got half a 5litre drum to get through before I consider buying the next generation product. If you could keep us up to date on what's going on with it, and whether it's actually any better than the original then that's always good for future sales. Using us as an anonymous feedback machine to test out your efforts, isn't. :stick:

Did I ask you or tell you to go out and buy another? NO! All I am interested in is feedback, good or bad.

I'm no sales person nor will I ever be into selling, so thats cocked ur sales pitch idea good and proper!

Was interested in knowing what people think thats all, for a personal reason....but I don't expect you to understand that as you made it quite clear your a complete TWAT!

[:@]

daveyonthemove

Smile if you like SEAT's
May 14, 2006
Wrexham
For a Newbie, you seem to have a bad attitude Lubie Lou. Calling someone a Twat isn't going ti help with your search for feedback, nor will it help you remain a member for long.
I find it interesting that you would skip 15 pages of comments and feedback on this subject, and revive this old thread by asking for people opinions. Odd.
Obviously your user name and Avatar would lead people to belive that you might have some sort of affiliation with an oil/lubricant type company, so i think it's unfair to dismiss people suspicions.
Or maybe i'm being silly........?

Lubi Lou

Yes I read all the previous posts, and was good to read.

I thought the whole point of a forum was for discussions to take place, as far as I'm aware I was only taking part in a thread that interested me?

Obviously doing myself no favours here.....

daveyonthemove

Smile if you like SEAT's
May 14, 2006
Wrexham
Yes I read all the previous posts, and was good to read.

I thought the whole point of a forum was for discussions to take place, as far as I'm aware I was only taking part in a thread that interested me?

Obviously doing myself no favours here.....

No one has said you can't take part in a discussion, in fact i think your welcome to join in, but when you arrive yesterday and call another member a Twat (on an open forum to all ages) i don't think you should get too dismayed if you receive a flaming for it?
Have you tried DSP4 yet? if so what are your findings?
Dave

Viking

Insurance co's are crap.
May 19, 2007
Near Richmond, North Yorks
fishing.gif
Got a bite there then, eh? :happy:

Leave the bad attitude by the door, mate, and you'll go a lot further. All I was saying was that you're suspiciously probing for peoples opinions and implying that you know something which only an insider of the product manufacturers would know, while gently trying to get people to purchase more of something they're trialling for themselves. If that's what you do for kicks, then surely you've come across this sort of suspicion before. I hope you treat everyone with the same respect as I seem to be graced with...:p

And as for calling me names, I've heard it all before so your little outburst just goes way past and disappears off over the horizon unheeded. ;) I didn't get personal with you so no need to get that side out, eh?

So, now that we understand each other, what's your interest in Millers and their products.

Lubi Lou

Bad attitude? Did I come here looking for trouble? No, I didn't I came here for opinions and to try help others.

It was only after Viking was very sarcatic towards me for god knows what reason??? Jumping to all kinds of conclusions before even asking me the facts etc.

Im interested in ALL products I'm researching, i'm trying to put together a presentation for some work i'm doing and like I said before just wanted to hear real peoples views.....nothing more nothing less.

@daveonthemove - No I aint tried it yet cos i'm still in the process of selling my petrol for a diesel. But if the feedback is better than bad then I shall be trying some.

How do I go about asking opinions on here without been suspicious? :help:

daveyonthemove

Smile if you like SEAT's
May 14, 2006
Wrexham
Not sure, but you have got off to a bad start.
So what other products are you researching, and what diesel engined car are you looking to buy. Give a little info and some comes back ;)

Lubi Lou

On the new car front I really don't know......loved the Ibiza WRC as a kid so seriously looking into Seat, hence why I joined this forum.

Others I've had good reports on are the Skoda's, Golf's, maybe even another Focus C-Max (think they get a bad review though)

As for product researching obvious the Millers DSP4, Octane Plus.

Redex one shot diesel.

Lucas fuel additives (American based - they come out with some amazing statements)

PS Cetane Boost

Amsoil Cetane Boost

Red Line 85 Plus

Ecotek Engine Energizer

The research into this just seems to go on and on, there are too many varibles within testing for it to be completely fair. But i'm not trying to find a 'best' product, I just want to know if the statements these companies make actualy are true.

That'l be a no for Lucas then :rolleyes:

BJM

Sep 25, 2005
Houston, Renfrewshire
I used a whole bottle, about 4K miles, and thouhgt I felt a difference in performance, but I think it was all in the head! It did reduce the smoke level though but I'm not spending the money on it if thats all does!

Feb 1, 2007
Nottingham
This is strange as my car did not smoke before I put the millers in now it smokes quite badly!:cry:
Could this be the clean up it talks about on the bottle?

devonutopia

fabia-lous
Mar 30, 2004
Exmouth / Exeter
I know is like a really old thread but it's better to be relevant than start new, yes? :D

Anyone got any bargains lately? I am after another 5 litre bottle soon.... (yes, I go through it rather fast)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.