Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.

Anyone seen that new Millers Diesel Sport 4 additive for sale?

Discussion in '(Archived) Engine Discussion and Tuning' started by craig-pd130, Dec 10, 2006.

1. thebeno

I would if I could find it.

2. thebeno

Apparantly only avaialable at 31 sites, all of which are south east, I knew I should never have moved up North!!

3. Kris

Kris ESTATE! I'm Getting Old!

I use it as much as I can, its GREAT stuff!

My engine is soooo much smoother/quiter! + almost no smoke! + better MPG + (maybe) more perfomance (feals like it anyway:shrug: )

4. Jamie123

Jamie123 Active Member

Ive definetely noticed a different in mpg when using millers

5. Nick_J

Nick_J Active Member

I used Shell V power a few times, did a long run , 320 mile each way, one way with V power + Millers 4 and on way back Shell Deisel with Millers 4. I was averaging about 80-90mph on Mways, on way down got 52mpg, and way back 51mpg (and on the way back was generally uphill, from Penzance back to Midlands) So I didnt see much benefit.

I think it was more responsive, but not the extra cost that I incurred buying it!

6. dmjw01

dmjw01 Upstanding Member

And what was the wind doing? More than likely, you were driving against a headwind on the way down (prevailing wind being generally westerly or south-westerly) and had a tailwind on the way back. This can make a big difference, even if the wind speed is only 5 to 10 knots (and it has been a lot stronger than that at times recently - forecast gusts up to 55 knots today!!!).

I don't understand your comment about it being uphill on the way back. There aren't many populated parts of the midlands above about 1000 feet, so that's virtually no gradient over 300+ miles.

7. Nick_J

Nick_J Active Member

The wind was a slight tailwind on the way back, so might have had a difference I guess. I dont think it was that windy on the way down, but I stand corrected if someone else did that journey too and disagrees!!!

I meant I went from penzance to Northampton (so not really midlands :-s), so would have been a general increase I beleive, well seems like the car glides down to Penzance alot faster and I reckon you can visibly see the road slightly at a -ve angle most of the way down.

8. thebeno

Jones, I know there are many factors that influence mpg, but 80-90 I average around 40mpg. My car has done 23k, perhaps the engine is not worn in yet?

Do you also have cruise control? Perhaps that helps also?

9. Nick_J

Nick_J Active Member

Hi

So me averaging 50 odd mpg is pretty decent then.

Ive a 56 plate FR TDi with 4k on the clock.
    Nah the FR or Cupra doesnt come with the option of cruise control, not sporty enough lol.

10. thebeno

Well Im obviously doing something wrong 80-90mph = a lot lower than 50mpg. Where do you fill your car up?

11. muddyboots

muddyboots Still hanging around

Lets not let this thread about Millers Diesel Sport 4 descend into a general mpg thread eh :)

12. thebeno

Sorry Mr.Boots, how's your working out?

13. Nick_J

Nick_J Active Member

Hi

I fill up at Shell, Leadenhall in Milton Keynes.

Well, Millers 4 product is angled for the market to increase performance and effeciency so there will be topics branching off I feel :)

But yeh, Millers plus increases effeciency so Millers 4 would do even better

14. thebeno

Im filling up tonight so hope the Millers does some good.

15. Nick_J

Nick_J Active Member

nice, what do you fill up with?

16. thebeno

I have either Morrisons, BP, Esso, Jet or Total. Jet and Total are too expensive, any Im keen to stay away from supermarkets after reading up here. Will be BP and a double dose of Millers 4.

17. Nick_J

Nick_J Active Member

ok kool, Ive noticed some people on here seem to say their engine doesnt agree with BP well, not too sure myself as never used it, but could be a prob there.
    Although you dont have many other options!

Having said that, if you used say Total or Esso and got 5mpg more, then might be more beneficial even after the initial cost.

Try BP and 4, see how it goes!

18. thebeno

Will do, cheers.

19. TWP

TWP Full Member

Has anyone else got the 500ml bottle of Millers 4. Just got mine today from fasteronline.

I see the markers 1/2 and 1/1 on the top measuring bit of the bottle, which I'm guessing are 10ml and 20ml.

Does anyone know what the capacity of the whole measuring bit is? If that makes sense :whistle:

20. Nick_J

Nick_J Active Member

Hi

i dont know, I tend to put up to the 1/1 for 1 cap and twice this for double dose.
    Hope thats right!