Anyone successfully fitted a towbar to an LCR?

Blade

Aug 31, 2004
Teesside
Want to fit a towbar to my LCR to tow a motorcycle trailer. I will probably get a spare rear bumper as i know its going to be cut to fit the towbar. I seem to remember that there was talk of a problem with the electrics on the LCR when fitting a towbar?. Can anyone enlighten me. thanks

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
It's been done - I remember seeing pictures of one with one on. It does say in the "addendum" that you're supposed to tow with an LCR though.

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
You could have insurance implications if you had an accident when towing with a vehicle not approved for towing etc... Saying that I also think someone on here has fitted one.

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
He didn't ask what people thought about the styling implications.

But, it depends what you tow surely? If it was a caravan, that's one thing, if it was a race bike on the way to a track day, that's a whole different boil in the bag.

I bet you two are from the camp that people who have kids shouldn't have LCR's, or shouldn't fit roofbars, bike racks etc. Some people actually live with their cars rather than just show them off. :censored:

Different strokes, different folks.

tinbum

Mar 31, 2007
Bournemouth

But, it depends what you tow surely? If it was a caravan, that's one thing, if it was a race bike on the way to a track day, that's a whole different boil in the bag.

I bet you two are from the camp that people who have kids shouldn't have LCR's, or shouldn't fit roofbars, bike racks etc. Some people actually live with their cars rather than just show them off. :censored:

Idiot !!

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org

Did the kids wake you up early this morning Phil ? ;)

Blade

Aug 31, 2004
Teesside
A mature forum response. :rolleyes:

Taking bike and car to the Ring, Blade? ;)

Well at the end of the day i have a passion for both cars and bikes. I like going to track days and like going to the RING. As has been said the LCR doesn,t suit a dirty big towbar sticking out the back, it is however my daily transport and as such i think i have the right to do with it anything i see fit. Imature comments were not sought, only an answer to my original question.

Interestingly Feel, i am going to make some enquiries this week as to whether it would be ok to tow a bike trailer up to a certain kerb weight. Anyone with any suggestions where i would be able to get a definitive answer please post up.

ArosaRacer

Wee man returns in a fL mk2 cupra
Aug 28, 2005
Bayview, Kent
im i the same situation as yourself, i need to tow a trailer and caravan but have been told NO by seat and some towbar fitters as well, Ebay job i think and then fit it yourself

Blade

Aug 31, 2004
Teesside
im i the same situation as yourself, i need to tow a trailer and caravan but have been told NO by seat and some towbar fitters as well, Ebay job i think and then fit it yourself

I will also be needing a towbar to fit a pendle bike rack onto so i can carry my MTB,s to the races. I approached a reputable towbar company last year who were more than happy to fit one but had problems sourcing the electics kit. I used a towbar on my LC without incident so its a real shock about the LCR. I will let you know if i find out anything positive.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
it's only because they've not type approved the car to have one.... that's all - chassis will have no problem with it

I've seen an LCR towing a guys Radical on a BIG trailer before, so it's no big deal, unless you have an accident - then your car is illegal

jhlcr

Jan 30, 2006
i have to say taking your bike to a track day on the back of an lcr woul look so cool! fair play mate!