Anyone used Autoglym PDA Lifeshine

mavbritton

I looked into what supagard actually was and found it on ebay just a tad cheaper than buying through a dealership. I ended up buying the Autoglym version as I just thought it would be better and wondered if anyone had tried it, because I've got a couple of questions

1. Why does the spray nozzle block up and die on the Upholstery protector? I tried two other working nozzles and it killed them too!

2. The paint protector, should it be applied after using Autoglym shampoo, or super resin, or should it be applied to the bodywork that is completely silicon and wax free and if so how do you get the bodywork in that condition? I'm under the impression that if you put this stuff on incorrectly you've buggered the finish up big time!

Cheers

Mark

s1mmo440

Hi mate, I use the Lifeshine Kits and have to say never had a problem with the spray nozzles, they are not the best but never had them fail.

As for the Paintwork they recommend that it is applied on new Cars or Cars that have had Paintwork Correction carried out. I believe this is so the Gloss protectant bonds to the paintwork better and supposedly will not fail. Just as long as your paintwork is in good condition should not be a problem.

I have my apprehensions about these type of products as applied A Glaze which is similar to Lifeshine/SupaGuard etc to a New Audi and right in the centre of the Bonnet it now has Bird Lime Etching even though was taken off within 10 minutes.

For Method of use :-

Wash car as normal (any shampoo)
Apply Lifeshine in a tight circular motion, doing a panel at a time and once hazed and dry to touch buff off
Then I top with a Wax such as Chemical Guys Petes 53 or Nattys

A little goes a long way, after an X5 still got quater a bottle left!!!

Hope this helps

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.