AP Coilovers....Yeah or Neah???

bizzaboy

Its a confusing game - There are alot of different Coilover packages out now for the Ibiza - But how do you know what is a good deal, and which will start to fail after 6 months or a year, or show signs of increased wear and tear!?

Although these cheaper Kits are tempting, think for long term performance, it might be safer to pay the premium and get the more expensive kits!

But reports by anyone fitting these - after 6 months to a year (on how they are holding up) would be very much welcome :)

Cupra_Jay

Orange Wheels FTW!!
Oct 25, 2006
Pub!!
you reckon they will be any good??? reading through them, they seem like they will be pretty good

mpm1987

Spanish Donkey
Mar 10, 2006
ive just ordered some as it happens, came out the same factory as KW, says so on the delivery ticket, i will keep you informed

Mar 8, 2007
dont see why they are more expensive than hottuning/ ta technix/ vmaxx and they only have a 12 month warranty

fivetones

Jul 26, 2005
Cheshire
AP stuff is produced in the same factory as Weitec and KW. The springs are the big difference between Weitec and AP, apparently.

Also the Weitec Hicon GT only lower 65mm on a 9N/Ibiza. AP lower more.

btw. that factory that produces all this stuff is 1.7 miles long so I'm not sure it's saying a lot being produced in the same place.

I was down at Awesome this afternoon, which is why I know this, and was driven in Andy's Fabia on Wietec GTs. It rode very nice (205/45x16) but wasn't as low as I'd have liked and was wound all the way down at the back.

Dunno if any of this helps and sorry to drag up an old thread.

fivetones

Jul 26, 2005
Cheshire
My 9N AP didn't but I haven't needed them. I run quite low on 195/45x16s too.

The backs go as low at the Weitecs. ie not that low. I think most coilovers need the adjusters removing on the back of the 9N/ibiza etc anyway.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members