Apexi Turbo Timer Fitted and Fully Functional

cuprabaz

Racing 2020VT
Jun 22, 2004
Aberdeenshire
From what i remember you need 2 ignition feeds, earth, hand brake sensor feed for the anti theft feature & lambda probe for the auto calculate setting and A/F reading & lambda output.

I should be back tomorrow weather pending!!:rolleyes:

But my brother has had the car a few times without any hassles.

cuprabaz

Racing 2020VT
Jun 22, 2004
Aberdeenshire
UPDATE!! :censored:

After running fine for some time the alarm has started going off in the middle of the count down. This is just an idea but could vibration be causing this as it only did it once before fitting the manifold but is happening more frequently, is there any way of reducing the sensitivity of the motion sensors??

Or is that just me clutching at straws?? And the car doesn't know what's going on and sh*ts it pants.

Bogwoppit

Aug 30, 2005
Lincs
Just checked the time delay on my air movement sensors in the cabin. The air movement sensors kick in 17 seconds after the alarm is armed.

Is there any way you could alter this time delay with VAGCOM to say 3 or 4 mins?

Then as long as the turbo timer turns off the engine before 3 or 4 mins you should have no problems.

Last edited:

cuprabaz

Racing 2020VT
Jun 22, 2004
Aberdeenshire
my brother told me that the button in the back of the car behind the drivers seat on the wall turns off the sensor. It's worked so far. Only tried it 3 times but so far no alarm. fingers crossed again. haha

slimjimvw

Jul 28, 2006
Exeter , Devon
Right , fitted mine last night , struggling with the ignition feeds , got ign position 1 fine , but its the second that i'm struggling with , when i tryed it last night the timer would run with the starter motor still in position - not good i know. I've obviously got the wrong wire. So i've suspended the install.

Has anyone got a wiring diagram for the ignition on a Ibiza cupra or does anyone know which colour wire i'm looking for coming from the ignition barrel for what Apexi call IG2 (ignition2) , its the blue wire on the Apexi harness ?

:confused:

mega

hey cuprabaz,

I have the same tt on my leon 1.8t 20v but the remote does not lock the car, i need to use the key.

one other problem is my stupid technician does not know the car's ecu and where to connect the O2 signal sensor and the ground wire (this is the A/F connection).
couls u ask your friend chris who helped u install yours to help me with installing those two wires.

thanks in advance.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members