Apexi Turbo Timer Fitted and Fully Functional

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Just checked the time delay on my air movement sensors in the cabin. The air movement sensors kick in 17 seconds after the alarm is armed.

Is there any way you could alter this time delay with VAGCOM to say 3 or 4 mins?

Then as long as the turbo timer turns off the engine before 3 or 4 mins you should have no problems.

Bringing this back from the dead.

How did you find that out? There must be a way of changing it.

cuprabaz

Racing 2020VT
Jun 22, 2004
Aberdeenshire
Mine still has a freak out to it's self now and again. 1 in say 7 shut off's even after turning off the motion sensors it'll still set the alarm off for no reason.

So sometimes i just leave the bugger unlocked until it finishes then lock it after, if i remember that is! There's noting to steal inside there anyway plus the handbrake safety cut will stop any wee sh*te stealing it anyway! :D

Bogwoppit

Aug 30, 2005
Lincs
I found that out by sitting in the car, turning the alarm on and waving my arms around like a fool. After 17 seconds the alarm sounded.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Found some info on vortex...

Sensitivity Adjustment

[Select]
[45 - Int. Monitor]
[Adaptation - 10]
Enter channel 01
Enter a value between 50-100 (it should be 100 by default) for the sensitivity of the ultra-sound sensors
[Save]

Might be good to lower the sensitivity.

cuprabaz, you fancy having a go?

cuprabaz

Racing 2020VT
Jun 22, 2004
Aberdeenshire
Peter i'd love to see you sitting in the car waiting for the alarm to go off, your neighbours must think you f-ing nuts:D

I'll give it a go like, what do i need?

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Vag com. Just go to Select Control Module on the main screen, then no. 45 - Int Monitor which is in the Common tab and try whats above.

cuprabaz

Racing 2020VT
Jun 22, 2004
Aberdeenshire
Nope, i'm offshore at the moment. Doubt i'll be back before the weekend but i don't have the full version of vag-com yet waiting for a mate to copy it for me, sod paying for something that can be copied :D

Got bigger things to worry about when i get before i even look at the turbo timer tho. New rear calipers need buffed down and painted, diff etc need fitted and my bike needs rebuilt before spring! busy boy like.

But it is on my to do list don't worry phil. :D

A Sigfrids

Hello

my friends got a Ibiza 1.8T cupra -01(6K) and he's bought an apexi turbo timer and dont know how to wire it up.
Was going to fix it for him and wanted to ask if there are any catches to it or is it just plain old bolt on, put this wire here and the other there. Or do i have to fiddle about it???

Last edited by a moderator: