APR Stage 1 problems – Leon CR 170 2010

Rob00

Sep 16, 2014
Bournemouth
I did twice, was told someone would ring back but nothing, and asked twice on the web site support page but no reply. Such a shame as I'd much rather resolve it than give up but without support and nearing the 30 days it was time up.
Can a good remap increase performance without significantly increasing EGT, it seems the temp limit was reached too quickly but that may happen with any map?

Last edited:

Rob00

Sep 16, 2014
Bournemouth
Revo installed, much smoother with no sudden drops, however the EGT runs to 930 deg C,
Stock went to 820, is this likely ok long-term or are there any known issues that could be making it run too hot? Thanks in advance for any help.
Revo1.jpg

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
DPF might be abit clogged or maybe you're running a touch lean.
Start off with the simple stuff, change the fuel filter, stick some injector cleaner through it and throw in a tank of Vpower.

Have you checked the injector balancing on VCDS (can't remember the exact name), make sure they're all behaving as they should be?

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Revo installed, much smoother with no sudden drops, however the EGT runs to 930 deg C,
Stock went to 820, is this likely ok long-term or are there any known issues that could be making it run too hot? Thanks in advance for any help.
View attachment 3048

Looks much better. I'm trying to think what my EGT was, I can't remember, but I thought the first number was 9 when I went Stage 1. If your worried though, ask the garage you had it flashed at. OR, email Revo directly, their website says for garages only. But they've always answered my technical questions LOL.

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
I went out earlier this afternoon to do some temperature logging in my Revo stage 1 CR170

Highest pre-turbo exhaust temperature reading I got was 876.

That wasn’t working it hard for a long time though. Just a gentle warm up followed by a couple of acceleration runs. If you were working the engine hard for longer then 930 might not be excessive.

Highest temperature I got on the back side of the turbo going in to the DPF was 504.

Rob00

Sep 16, 2014
Bournemouth
That's interesting thanks, getting 930 regularly if it revs over 4k the dealer says it's fine, still seems a scary figure to me! would be interesting to know what others are seeing on their maps? on VCDS for this engine it's block 33 or 99

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members