APR vs REVO

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland
hi folks.

ive just noticed that awesome gti have gone back to the apr brand after switching to revo a short while ago, and was wondering if anyone at the time took them up on their offer of a free swap to revo software. if so, how did it compare to the apr.

ive got apr stage 2 software and am more than happy with it so opted not to change, im just curious if theres anyone out there that has used both so can give an objective opinion.

cheers.

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
hi folks.

ive just noticed that awesome gti have gone back to the apr brand after switching to revo a short while ago, and was wondering if anyone at the time took them up on their offer of a free swap to revo software. if so, how did it compare to the apr.

ive got apr stage 2 software and am more than happy with it so opted not to change, im just curious if theres anyone out there that has used both so can give an objective opinion.

cheers.

Chris ,
I don't think you can compare the old APR to the Revo software , the new APR software is suppossed to be just as good if not better than Revo if you believe the hype , and that's the reason I would think that awesome have gone back to APR.

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
I've tried both but on 2 different cars so not much use.
All I would say is Revo is far more aggressive and APR are more progressive like original just stronger.
As I say Revo pulls really hard and you could say feels more powerful but never had either car on a dyno.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Chris ,
I don't think you can compare the old APR to the Revo software , the new APR software is suppossed to be just as good if not better than Revo if you believe the hype , and that's the reason I would think that awesome have gone back to APR.

Have their been some comparisons from APR showing their improvement over their previous offerings?

Like a back to back dyno showing their old product vs their new & improved?

It'd be a refreshing marketing change to put their hands up & demonstrate the difference between 'old' & 'new' APR rather than pinpointing a market leader

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland
All I would say is Revo is far more aggressive and APR are more progressive like original just stronger.
QUOTE]

thats what i have been led to believe. revo always claim to be able to achieve higher figures, which is great for pub talk if thats what your into, whereas apr software to me seems very linear and easy to drive - aggresively or every day, which was more important to me.

and like mork says it would be nice to load the same car with both sets of software and give consecutive dyno plots to see any difference, but im not holding my breath.

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
A linear map costs more though doesn't it?
I think when your paying prices like £499 + vat it should be your choice.

Sent from my iPhone

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
Didn't know that.
Suppose if you already had revo there would be a £50 + vat charge to update though?
As above though both maps are very good it's just down to driver preference or which dealer is most convenient

Sent from my iPhone

Al

Aug 29, 2005
APR being back is great for us as it means more choice and more competition between the big hitters, better products etc etc etc.

HOWEVER, I think it would be very refreshing if APR tried to win business on the merit of their products and service and nothing else.

There is a lot of hype about an R20T demo car which everyone seems to be getting to drive and some dealers have been to APR HQ to be inducted on becoming APR map re-sellers and there is word of great powered maps with great plots - funnily none of the people who really need to see this detail (i.e us, the customer) have seen anything yet.

For me, even if the APR map was the best map in terms of power, torque, driveability, engine longevity, price and if there were APR dealers everywhere, their tactics have to be classed as questionable as best on their re-launch in the UK market so far.

I hope the detail mentioned about them having earmarked ONE place in Scotland to be a re-seller of their maps is incorrect if they expect people to drive (in some cases) several hundred miles to have a remap done.

Also - £1k for an APR 2.0T Leon intercooler?! :lol:

Last edited:

Poverty

A linear map is just a map that uses all the throttle.
So if you press 60% you get 60% power etc instead of the 40% throttle and you 100% power if that makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone

As above. It's only as progressive as your right foot.

The biggest difference between the apr and Revo maps is the drive. Revo boosts harder than apr but doesn't make more power for it. What you will notice in the drive is that the APR appears to hold power much better high rev range, where as the Revo would start to die off.

Everyone who has switched from different maps have all raved about how the power just doesn't seem to die off. Basically sets it apart from every other map out there IMO.

The fact that APR hold the 2.0tfsi 1/4 mile and 30-130 record is just a bonus, oh and no flat spots ;)

P.S

Once awesome are set up I'd recommend paying them a visit to get the latest LP3 map loaded

Last edited by a moderator:
May 25, 2008
S.Wales
www.seatcupra.net
REVO Boost harder...This is true.

BUT you can adjust the settings to lower the number on the boost which is just as good if not better.

One thing I noticed about this APR demo car...its brand new, there isn't going to be a single issue with the car and people are using it to compare their own? hmm...

Poverty

REVO Boost harder...This is true.

BUT you can adjust the settings to lower the number on the boost which is just as good if not better.

One thing I noticed about this APR demo car...its brand new, there isn't going to be a single issue with the car and people are using it to compare their own? hmm...

This is true, but it then doesnt gain top end doing so.

The golf is 2 years old now btw!

mikee66

Jun 12, 2008
Leven
Poverty

Tbh as good as it sounds I've not seen any cold hard evidence to back up these claims.

Bum dyno's count for nothing in my world and until is see dyno graphs and logs I and prob a lot more people won't change from a tried an trusted map to an unknown quantity.

Not to mention thr rumours that your TTRS engine has to be pulled out?? And that has the apr map on it???

Do you or anyone have any evidence to back up your claims? Apart from a Golf R that I can make absolutely no comparison with.

Mike

mikee66

Jun 12, 2008
Leven
This is true, but it then doesnt gain top end doing so.

The golf is 2 years old now btw!

Ps 99.9% want the power lower down as at least they can use it here in the Uk.

A tiny portion of all mapped cars will see top end anywhere or go on the track.

Deleted member 53697

Not to mention thr rumours that your TTRS engine has to be pulled out?? And that has the apr map on it???

A quick reminder how untrue and dangerous rumours can be - there is nothing wrong with Jas' engine...

Poverty

Poverty

Tbh as good as it sounds I've not seen any cold hard evidence to back up these claims.

Bum dyno's count for nothing in my world and until is see dyno graphs and logs I and prob a lot more people won't change from a tried an trusted map to an unknown quantity.

Do you or anyone have any evidence to back up your claims? Apart from a Golf R that I can make absolutely no comparison with.

Mike

Lol all these rumours about my car, I thought it had a hole in the gearbox apparently? Or that the rear diff exploded? Pmsl, what I will say is this, even though it has nothing to do with this topic is that I've been fortunate enough to drive a 650hp 911 turbo, and it's really quick obviously, but I want more than that still. I'm really busy ATM but expect a nice update on my car soon.

I don't know if you are connected to a tuner or not but the APR comments are v.cheeky of you, and I'd be careful of you are a tuner as that's not a can of worms that should be opened, because I know a hell of alot of the background going ons of other tuners that would shock quite alot of people.

Back to the 2.0tfsi maps, I don't understand why certain Revo users try to write off APR as if they were the ones who wrote the code. We have had 1/4 mile times, 30-130 times, v-box data, dyno shoot-out results, and you guys are still claiming APR are an unknown quantity? Please let's stop, some people are behaving like APR are some little up start company, let's not forget they are the biggest VAG tuning house in the world.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise