APR vs REVO

Jun 26, 2008
Just round the corner.
Went to see C&R Enterprises (APR agent) today in Nottingham. Spoke to Steve, who really seems to know his stuff. Waiting for an email to confirm prices, and performance figures. Been verbally quoted £299, as I'm currently running Bluefin stage 1, usual price is £499 I think. Once I have the email I can arrange for the map, and go stage 2. Traction wise, I have just had Maxxis MAZ1 fitted so this should help get the power down.

jimbo_h

just all torque
Jun 16, 2008
Melbourne
Im using the Federal 595RSR's at the moment and they are immense. Hurdy reckons they are everybit as good as his Toyo R1Rs were as well. Plus they are cheaper than pretty much all the other semi slick options

That's a coincidence, I was reading about these earlier today on another forum. Some bloke with a GT3 was saying they were nearly as good as his old R888s and lasted a bit longer. He did say if they were shaved they go even longer, anyone ever had this done?

Poverty

Deeper block depths means extra heat into a tyre, making it more likely to overheat. Shaving gets rid of those squishy blocks.

vRSy

Fabia vRS
Jan 8, 2009
London
I agree with that to a small extrent. however most road tyres lose grip substantially once the tread gets below 2mm.

However the guy in post #402 said they go even longer ( i presume he means further) when they are shaved, now whilst they might give more grip i cant see how they would go further as you have less rubber on the tyre!!

Poverty

I agree with that to a small extrent. however most road tyres lose grip substantially once the tread gets below 2mm.

However the guy in post #402 said they go even longer ( i presume he means further) when they are shaved, now whilst they might give more grip i cant see how they would go further as you have less rubber on the tyre!!

I presume through over heating of those rubber blocks and the tyre melting away.

The michelin cup sports have next to no tread brand new!

jimbo_h

just all torque
Jun 16, 2008
Melbourne
Ha, not sure if many of u guys know but businesses can "sponsor" round-a-bouts in Milton Keynes. I go past ARPs hq pretty much everyday and noticed the one on the turn off to their unit is sponsored by REVO. Made me chuckle

Nov 15, 2011
yeah a couple of them are sponsered by revo round their, we noticed this when going for our stage 1 map