Are Auto lights an option??

spikeydoo

not such a newbie
May 19, 2006
Somerset
Well I've found them on the seat accessories site, http://www.seat.co.uk/generator/su/uk/SEAT/site/Service/original-accessories/main.html

Part Number: 6J0054755
Description: Automatic Headlights
Model Application: New Ibiza 5 dr and SC 2008 >
Detail: Auto lights automatically turns on the headlights of the Ibiza in poor light or when driving through a tunnel.

Price (RRP): £ 122.61

However, my dealer has said not an option on the ibiza :shrug: Initially they had not heard of the option but would look into it, but have now said they spoke to SEAT HO & not a chance, but I'm sure that someone on here had this option :confused: ? Anyone know if it's possible to retro fit them if the dealer don't fancy it?

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
Hmmm it's definetly not a factory fit option in the current brochure - and it's not on the online configurator.

If it's on the SEAT UK accessories site then surely the dealer should be able to order and fit it.

I'm suprised its not part of the convienence pack to be honest.

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
But it looks awfull, you get a sensor stuck in the middle of the dash, hardly factory look.

craigboca

Sep 21, 2009
Glasgow
But it looks awfull, you get a sensor stuck in the middle of the dash, hardly factory look.

I've got them on mine, it definetly does not look awful there is a tiny plastic "dot" so far forward on the dash near the bottom of the windscreen that you hardly notice it.

Annoying thing is that the actual control dial for the lights doesn't change,there is no "auto" position like I had in my audi, doesnt really bother me now though I've got used to it.

As for the the module itself- works perfect.

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
hmmmm so in essence it is always set to auto then is it? Pity they don't put it on the light control switch.

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
I've got them on mine, it definetly does not look awful there is a tiny plastic "dot" so far forward on the dash near the bottom of the windscreen that you hardly notice it.

Ah ok, I downloaded the fitting instructions and saw there was a sensor on the dash and thought it would look out of place.

craigboca

Sep 21, 2009
Glasgow
Now its been mentioned Iam looking at it every time im in the car haha!but it is fairly small,the actual operation of the auto lights is flawless though I have to say

spikeydoo

not such a newbie
May 19, 2006
Somerset
Now its been mentioned Iam looking at it every time im in the car haha!but it is fairly small,the actual operation of the auto lights is flawless though I have to say

Now I'm right Intrigued.... any chance of a quick snap when you get 5?? not that I think my dealer is going to fit them, but still ;)

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Think I may enquire as to them if they really do work as well as you say they do. I think it is a wonderfull feature to have on a car and agree that it should have been part of the convenience pack.

craigboca

Sep 21, 2009
Glasgow
7c22b088.jpg

there you go,not that big it doesn't really bother me

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
Yeah, i was just thinking the same thing, presumeably it'd be easy(ish) to order a replacement part via ETKA, techie?
also thought about getting a cupra trip computer for the whiteness to replace the redness of my sport one.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise