Arena Motorsport Aon Focus Power Advantage

Hi Chaps,

Now you don't need to be an expert to see that when the two Aon Focus's turned up on the grid this season they had a clear power advantage due to there calor gas turbocharged engine, even my girlfriend noticed them pulling away from other cars on various circuits down the straight.

Now during there last visit to silverstone after there flying qualifying laps at the circuit TOCA decided to limit the cars turbo boost to make them fall in line with the rest of the grid, now it all seems a bit improperly regulated it's makes me wonder how the rules are set out in terms of teams entering the cars at the start of the season, it seemed a bit weird that yes they were fast and they slowed them down until they had an even chance now it's a bit imprecise surely the cars should all be dyno'ed by TOCA so they are all on a level feild power wise and the real skill is in chassis setup.

To be advancing and retarding a cars power output mid season seems really silly and not right.

I'm not speaking from a pro aon stand point i'm pro Plato myself, he as you know will moan about any car that's doing well but he also has alot of good points, in this case as he said at rockingham "that ford is way way faster than anything else and even stevie wonder can see that ain't right"

Is the power output not regulated at 300hp?

It all appears a little bit mickey mouse!

Your views?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

old 'uns

Modern Life is Rubbish...
Mar 20, 2003
walsall
Visit site
surely the cars should all be dyno'ed by TOCA so they are all on a level feild power wise and the real skill is in chassis setup.

Is the power output not regulated at 300hp?

It all appears a little bit mickey mouse!

Your views?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it then becomes like a 'one make' series

the weight penalties, + or -, are there to try & even it out, sometimes works , sometimes not.

out of interest what were your views regarding SEAT using Turbo Diesels ? unfair or a way round the rules?

i'd guess 99% of interested parties on this forum didn't complain too hard :shrug:

ArosaRacer

Wee man returns in a fL mk2 cupra
Aug 28, 2005
Bayview, Kent
but the leons were pegged back too, lower boost pressures, no flat floor. Makes me wonder if SEAT were still running the Leons would the focus have the legs on it down the straights

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members