Arl gtb2256

gdjohny

Crazy Mechanical Engineer
Dec 25, 2010
Kettering
The turbo came of bmw 530d. 185 bjp version.
I can make my own parts too. I want to out it on modified Passat tdi manifold. Then a custom pipes and exhaust .
And a new maps

vroomtshh

Sep 11, 2005
Dreghorn, Scotland
The turbo came of bmw 530d. 185 bjp version.
I can make my own parts too. I want to out it on modified Passat tdi manifold. Then a custom pipes and exhaust .
And a new maps

That'll work. My original manifold was just a modified cast item.

What I'd ask yourself is why bother? If you do it on a cast manifold, and if your doing it on the cheap, are you going to have injectors, rods, clutch that can handle more power?

And if your not going to have all those (at significant cost) would you be better off with a vnt17 based hybrid?

gdjohny

Crazy Mechanical Engineer
Dec 25, 2010
Kettering
Well
I got that turbo cheap from a friend of mine. The hybrid cost a lot of money.
What power are you running? What turbo ?

vroomtshh

Sep 11, 2005
Dreghorn, Scotland
Well
I got that turbo cheap from a friend of mine. The hybrid cost a lot of money.
What power are you running? What turbo ?

Yeh but getting the turbo is the easy part.

You could now sort a manifold for £150 and a downpipe for £150 and probably bolt that on and run 230bhp with a new map. You'll also need to spend money on things like gaskets, TIP, changing the turbo to actuated.

To do it for less than £1500 you'll be doing well.

And then after that, you'll start to wonder, since you have a turbo that can support 300bhp, would you be as well getting internals, injectors, another map, an LSD etc etc etc.

Apr 13, 2011
hull
240 bhp u can get that from a hybrid carnt u what makes u want 240bhp it would be a lot cheeper to go for around 220bhp

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members