1. Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store. and are now half price.

Armrest Latch

Discussion in 'Exeo & Exeo ST' started by cbates1990, May 8, 2018.

1. cbates1990

cbates1990 Active Member

Hi All,

It’s been a while,

Travelling down the motorway while thumbling around for my sun glasses I happened to snap the latch on the arm rest.

Does any know if the Audi B6 latch (E177B) will fit?

Or does anyone know the part number for the Seat version?

Thanks in advance.

Chris

2. caldi

caldi Active Member

Asked this question, £80 for the armrest lid, assuming leather upholstery, diy magnetic cupboard latch and super glue sorted it.

3. Tom B

Tom B Active Member

According the the eBay sellers, B6 & B7 had the same armrest so I see no reason why they changed it on the Exeo.

The latch parts from eBay via China are ridiculously cheap, it's worth a shot for the price.

4. caldi

caldi Active Member

Agree, its worth a shot from China but for me I was so fed up of having the contents thrown into the rear of the car that I cured it myself, a quid for a magnetic catch and a bit of glue, why the problem?

5. ruud

ruud Active Member

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but had the same happen to me last month. Bought a catch from China that didn’t work for a few quid then got one from Europe for £5 which did.

Top of the armrest pulls off and then the catch and spring pops out. Interestingly enough I also 3D printed a couple of versions which worked to a degree but I didn’t have any black filament at the time (went for thermochromic green!)

6. cbates1990

cbates1990 Active Member

Thanks all for the reply’s.

Needless to say I’ve still not found a replacement, ruud the one you got for £5 was it exactly the same as the original?

Do you have a link?

7. ruud

ruud Active Member

My eBay links say they’re unavailable - one was £2.99 and the one that worked was £1.97.

Probably something like this:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/172836227478

The first one I bought was for the Audi B6 and not B7, there is a stupidly subtle difference but at those prices and a few weeks wait for postage, you’re not losing much. Just be brutal when pulling the leather part of the arm rest off though!

8. caldi

caldi Active Member

Great post, dont think you are getting leather on the armrest for the price of an Exeo, its plastic!

9. ruud

ruud Active Member

I’ll not have a bad word said against my arm rest!

10. caldi

caldi Active Member

I Araldited a magnetic catch onto my armrest, its been there over a year, still working fine, its not really an armrest, its a get in the way of the handbrake lever rest on RHD cars. Most drivers will not get this, its like indicators, white lines, double yellow lines, red lights, speed limits and rear view mirrors, never used or obeyed.

11. George Marshall

I ordered a catch from Amazon for £4 and it was dead simple to repair (I had swapped to a A4 b7 arm rest as mine was fabric and the cars leather)