Arnold Clark Seat, Sighthill, Edinburgh.

Mike McC

I've had several problems with AC Seat. I had some computer problems on my old Ibiza that it took them 3 months to sort out, and when the part finally arrived no-one phoned me. I started to use the dealer in Uddingston and have to say they were really helpful. When I was changing to my LCR the dealer there was really helpful - couldn't get me the car I was after in the end but will definitely be taking the LCR back to Uddingston. Won't be letting AC touch it.

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
I bought my car from the Rover garage in Mount Vernon in Glasgow, but took it to Sighthill for the first service and warranty repairs and was so fed up with them and the way they messed me around that I decided I wouldn't be going back there. Plus the fact that they moved to a part of the city that makes it a 50 mile round trip had some bearing on my decision as well. Although I was in looking at the SEATs with a friend at Seafield and I didn't recognise any of the staff, so maybe they've got some better people dealing with the cars now. :)

I take mine to AC SEAT next to the Royal Infirmary in Glasgow now for servicing. They couldn't have been anymore helpful or reliable. :thumbup:

neil_f225

Mar 14, 2005
i use livingstones in uddingston as they are close to me and seem to be friendly. Have bought a few cars of them now. A/C in paisley are supposed to be quite good as well.

dave_leon

Seat at Sighthill is the worst place ever. Had the car 1 month and had to pay for repairs that failed on an MOT, They lost my service book, lost my MOT certificate, failed to fix a squeeking gear stick and the stereo broke 3 times! 7 months after having the car my doors leaked, they quoted £226 for the repiar, then when the work was done wanted to chage me nearly £400 fat ones! Anyways, got the car fixed yet on 4 occassions i was told the car would be dried out, yet when i got the car back....it was soaking wet.....Had to wait another 2 months till they could fit my car in to get dried out...by that time they wanted to charge me an addittional £50 PLUS the cost of new carpets...i told them stratight that i'm not paying for that as it was their error that the car wasn't dried out! They fixed free of charge then the Service Manager Nori said that he never wanted me or my car back at teh Garage.....Not bad customer service for a number of problems and them failing to complete a job!!!

Moral of the story...NEVR VISIT SEAT SIGHTHILL!!!! i've heared there is a spot on garage in Kirkcaudy who deal with seats....i'm off there once my 2yr service plan and warranty end next year!!

Gregor

Part-time Audi defector
Jul 17, 2001
Berwickshire
dave_leon said:
Moral of the story...NEVR VISIT SEAT SIGHTHILL!!!! i've heared there is a spot on garage in Kirkcaudy who deal with seats....i'm off there once my 2yr service plan and warranty end next year!!

I feel for you. I've had a couple of run-ins with those erses at AC Sighthill and wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy.

Anyhoo, usually warranty deals are brokered by a 3rd party and sold on by the garage, so it might be worth checking out your warranty and service plan to see if it's valid at other garages.

If you purchased the car as an official SEAT used car, then the warranty may even be covered at any SEAT garage.

It's a long shot but it might be worth looking at.

I had a similar issue when I purchased a Toledo from Reg Vardy in Edinburgh with extended warranty. I had since moved down to the Borders where there is a local SEAT dealer. I needed a MAF replacement so I spoke to the warranty company and explained the situation and they were happy that the warranty work was carried at a different garage.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.