1. Hi Guest. We've recently updated our forum rules. Please take some time to review them. You can read the new rules here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Progressive Parts Rolling Road Day - 17th November 2019 - find out more here
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

Arosa 1998 central locking system

Discussion in 'Arosa' started by Petronille, Aug 30, 2019.

1. Petronille

Petronille Active Member

Hi everyone, I've had my Arosa for 10 years now (time has flown!) and it still drives very well, a great little car especially for parking! However, recently, it's started to decide to lock/unlock itself continuously, so continuously that it drained my battery. My local garage has disabled the central locking system for the passenger's door and it's now on manual mode, however the driver's door and boot are still on central locking mode and it's still going berserk.
    Sooo, as I'm not planning to part with my little car just yet, my questions are:
    1) does anyone know what could cause this locking/unlocking.
    2) And I like to have central locking so, if it was a question of replacing the master lock and whatever motor goes with it, how much would it cost approximately?
    If anyone, knows the answers (or even one of them) I'd be grateful to know them.
    Many thanks in advance. :)

2. Legojon

Legojon I only wanted a remap

Do you have one of those rocker switches in the center console that locks / unlocks the door.Mine had a faulty contact which caused the doors to unlock randomly. Then when I drove over 10mph (or whatever speed it is) they autolocked again.

3. Petronille

Petronille Active Member

No there aren't any switches in the centre console for the locking system, it's all in the doors.