Arrrrrrghhhhhhhhhh Cars in Garage again!!!

johnnyd

Hi guys, this is my first post here even tho i joined in 2007 (when wife got her TDI), i just passed test in June and bought a wee S reg Ibiza 1.4 (i always wanted a Ibiza ha ha) Lesson learned next time i take mechanic with me!!! I know zip about cars and so far since end of July its 2 new tyres (one was bald when i left garage day i picked it up), new windscreen wipers, mid and back part of exhaust, and all new brakes all round the car. Mechanic that did the brakes said it should never have passed MOT the way they were. The day after i picked it up i had to get new tyre, windscreen wipers (halfords guy said they were on upside down) and new exhaust. Just got full service on Saturday and to top it all i broke down on way home from work last night AA guy said its distribuator cap & rocker arm, so back into garage today. Ok rant over, i do appologise if i have put this in wrong forum and i would like to say i luv my wee seat (when its going ha ha). So hello to everyone, its good to be here (as wifes getting fed up of me always talking about my Ibiza ha ha). :clap:

johnnyd

Hi, the only plans at the min are new alloys. The ones that came with the car are completely ruined, looks like previous owner painted them silver to hide rust. So its a trip to halfords soon to see what i can get. I was also thinking of a new stereo as not a great one in there at the min. Other than that try and keep it running, its done 103,000 miles so wanna keep it as long as i can, as its a great wee car to drive.

johnnyd

oh it prob will pay for itself over the next year or two :clap: Still waiting for call from garage to let me know if i will be getting it back today. But lesson learned always research ur garage when u buy a car, if i had done that then i would have got alot of bad feedback from the people i know in the town i bought it. But u live and learn ha ha :funk:

Kai_1600

Shallow
Dec 10, 2005
Manchester
you need to stop going to halfords mate!

You'll get a much better deal and service elsewhere - I knew nothing about cars when i joined here but i'm amazed how much i can do myself with the instructions and help you get from this forum.

The great thing about Mk2's is that pretty much anything that goes wrong has gone wrong on 10's of other peoples cars already. Problems have been diagnosed here from people typing the noise that their car is making!

johnnyd

Do u know my wife??? She tells me that about Halfords all the time ha ha :D Yeah i think i just need to get confidence and learn a bit about my car so i can do the easy things myself.

dmc4087

Mar 17, 2009
If thats all that has went wrong with it at those miles, you're laughing

Dont buy wheels from Halfords, you will be raped for price and they will probably look crap anyway

ibizaboi

Feb 18, 2009
Sudbury
haha welcome i know how u feel when i bought mine bout a year back iot had loads wronge with it and i knew nothing lol a year on it still goes wrong all the time but i know loads moire lol bn with out mine for 2 weeks gd luck
and the pic looks gd

johnnyd

Yeah ur prob right mate, where would u buy alloys from? Would I be better getting them off net? Cheers.

johnnyd

Cheers mate will have a look, just got back from garage car running sweet as a nut so well happy :clap:

johnnyd

Just had a look at that site and gotta say thanks very much mate, i think i will be spending my money there. Just wish the Fox Racing alloys i have in the hut would fit but wrong type :-( ha ha Roll on xmas :clap:

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
They really are great little cars. Dont worry about the mileage as such. Mine is on 119,000 miles and is still going strong. Keep it regularly serviced etc and you will be fine.

As has been said, alot of problems you will get several people on this forum would have had them, I know that for a fact. Keep an eye on the pedal box.

Ive spend a fair bit on mine keeping it running the last 6 months but Im glad because my car is so fun to drive, even though its only a 1.4

johnnyd

Cheers, ur's looks a cracking wee motor mate. Yeah i do like driving mine and now i have it the car will be serviced at regular intervals, i want to keep it running as long as possible. All i need is new alloys, cd player and sum paint (to fix scrape on passanger door that was there when i bought it) and i will be a happy man ha ha and the wife will be happy as she wont have to listen to me go on about what i wanna buy for it :clap:

Kai_1600

Shallow
Dec 10, 2005
Manchester
may i suggest keeping a can of this in the car along with the means to remove the air filter :D

wynns.jpg

Almost guaranteed to get a Mk2 home after a stop :D

johnnyd

Cool cheers mate will get myself some at the weekend, i may sound completely thick but do i just remove air filter and spray it or do i have to spray distribuator as well??? Sorry again if this is a daft question :think:

Kai_1600

Shallow
Dec 10, 2005
Manchester
Have a search on here for 'Cleaning throttle body' and you'll see a) what to do and b) the amazing number of different symptoms a can of that stuff has fixed over time :D

johnnyd

Excellent cheers mate i will do, how glad am i that i made this post. Its really good to know there are friendly people on here that i can get helpful info from. This has gotta be the best forum on the web :clap:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.