artic grey or luna grey?

tsmiggy

Feb 12, 2007
Leicestershire
I have just purchased a March 2003 Leon Cupra.I was under the impression it was Artic grey,but some of the paperwork says Luna Grey,and some actually says Silver lol.I need to get some touch up from Halfords....but what colour is it.The log book may tell me,but of course thats with the DVLA.Does anyone know what colours were used on this vehicle,or may have a answer to my question.

tsmiggy

Feb 12, 2007
Leicestershire
Well checked the service book,and guess what.....some bright spark did not put that number in.Is Luna grey the dark grey....... I know mine does look Silver

Cupra Ross

Breaks things............
May 15, 2005
Edinburgh, Scotland
Is it this colour:

P21b.jpg

If so, its Arctic Grey.

Cupra Ross

Breaks things............
May 15, 2005
Edinburgh, Scotland
Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure Luna Grey was only available on very late Mk1s and on all Mk2s. This would make your car arctic grey. The dark grey colour is platinum grey.

BJM

Sep 25, 2005
Houston, Renfrewshire
I have an Ibiza however, I went into the dealer yesterday to order a paint stick and requested one in Luna Grey (I purchased the car brand new and it is definately Luna Grey!). The guy at the parts desk looked up my Chassis number and told me it was Arctic Grey. It's not because they don't make my model in Arctic Grey. My G/F had an Arosa in Arctic Grey and it was similar in colour to my Ibiza but the Arctic Grey Touch up Set I bought from Halfords for it is nowhere near either colour!

I ordered the paint from the dealers and will et it on Monday. I'll let you know if its right!

AshCupra300

Sep 16, 2006
Newport, South Wales
Mine is luna grey see below pics, has a blueish tint to it.

This first one is a large pic I took in Worcester last weekend in the snow so you can see the paint in a good light and close up

DSC00300.JPG

Blue tint clearer in this pic when I bought it in September

LeonFRTDi.jpg

:)

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.