"Arty Farty" shots of my restored LCR

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
I agree mate, I absolutely loved finishing a panel, standing back and comparing it to an untouched faded panel alongside it. It was a hell of a lot of hard work, but it's the best paint restoration I've ever accomplished, so it just had to be shown off lol.

Thing is, it wasn't only polishing i did. The process i followed was:

1) Wash and dry
2) Clay bar
3) T-cut (original...couldn't find a yellow one lol)
4) Megs 3 stages i.e. Paint cleaner, Polish, Carnauba Wax
5) Poorboys Nattys Blue (Carnauba based wax with extra UV inhibitors to prevent paint fade in the future)

All of the above means going round a panel a total of 15 times before it was finished! Hence it taking 2.5 hours or so per door lol

Now i just need to keep applying layers of the Poorboys UV inhibiting wax every month or so to keep her looking top notch!
And you did this all by hand? Blimey i am very impressed indeed!

What product made the most difference? Dont tell me the T-Cut? :)

Mat

Love the tunnel pic.

also like the one with 4 cars on the ramp. guess you just left the camera on a tripod whilst moving tha car about so you took 4 pics from the same place everytime. (well that's how i'd have done it :D)

Mat

lol, just read :D

thought that's how he did it! I'm a photoshopper, so had an idea ;)

was thinking of making an amazing sig for myself! take loads of pics from every angle (same hieght) and then can make it rotate as tho its on a rotating thing :D

leon1p

XBL - dervturbo
Jun 30, 2006
Aberdeen
www.simplyrc.com
It's worth doing just for the fun of it.. I am impressed with the car pics in this post in what looks like an open car park. Getting one mid ramp car park shot is one thing but four while the camera can't move is impressive.

Mat

unless less he has access or knows the scurity guard ;) always hand to take shots like that

(or a sunday afternoon when it's dead on top floor)

dasmith83

Formerly "Dave FR PD130"
Jul 1, 2006
Kent
Love the tunnel pic.

also like the one with 4 cars on the ramp. guess you just left the camera on a tripod whilst moving tha car about so you took 4 pics from the same place everytime. (well that's how i'd have done it :D)

Correct...really simple really, and the photoshop bit was easy too (got to love Photoshop!)

Thanks for comments guys!

Car is filthy at the mo, but once the weather picks up, i'll take some more shots and see what we can do :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.