Arua Radio Issues

meckanix

Jan 15, 2009
Hi All,
For some time now I've had poor / low signal via the FM and AM in my car. The only stations that seem to be okay (FM only) are like the likes of the national radio stations i.e BBC, but when I tune into any smaller / local stations I'm lucky to find them via a manual tune, never mind an auto search. AM reception is terrible at best, never mind putting my car stereo in the mix. This also causes me troubles if I try and use my Griffin iTrip, and any other signal on the same wave length, no matter how weak seems to interfere with the iTrip broadcast :confused:

Fortunately my saving grace has been the CD player for some time, but I was wondering if there was anything I could check, re-seat ... etc 1st before looking at either a new ariel or a new stereo :help:

I have a 53 Leon SX (110bph) with the factory fitted Aura 6 CD player (no interchanger / magazine fitted).

meckanix

Jan 15, 2009
Hi Matt,
Thanks the for advice. Should be getting the keys for the radio soon so I can test the cable in betweeen as well when I get home

Cheers
Meckanix

Mar 3, 2009
Hinckley
also if you are brave enough to take out the roof lining check the base of the aerial is still bolted tightly and also the 12v boost is still there for the aerial,

check the continuity with the ignition off by the way

meckanix

Jan 15, 2009
After some tests I can't fid anything wrong with the aerial. Granted I didn't go as far as looking at it's connection point to the roof, but when I used a spare radio it seemed to get a better FM and AM signal :)

Would love to test it for a DAB signal, but I suppose that the obvious thing is to see about replacing the radio, unless anyone knows of any firmware updates for the Arua radio?

meckanix

Jan 15, 2009
Yep :( Looks like the radio is not in the best condition. I tested the radio by taking a old portable radio I have which has the coxial input for the ariel and tried it via that.

Either way I've just bought myself a new radio, but I need the coxial adapter before I can test the ariel in the new unit

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.