At last cheap Cupra R brake discs!!!!

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
So Bill, forgive me for asking this as I'm sure it's been asked before, but how much would it cost for:

Brembo grooved discs (LCR fitment)
Ferodo DS2500 pads
Motul fluid
Delivered to UK address

Cheers ;)

willbatch

Jul 19, 2006
Well i have put about 700 miles on my cheap set up and i'd like to report that it is so far so good, brakes are very very strong, little dust and do the job well. They did squel for the first 50-100 miles but that stopped. Im well happy for the total cost of £155 for LCR disc and pads!

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
nice one... just to remind me you went for the plain ebc discs didnt you?! with wat pads?!

just thought... i could get the ebc plain discs and get them groved from about £50! (its another option! :yes: )

as for brake squeel... in future put a bit of copper grease on the back of the pads when u fit them! works a treat! ;)

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
early days. 700 miles aint much

no, i am not a fan of anything ebc from poor previous experience

see how it goes

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
early days. 700 miles aint much

no, i am not a fan of anything ebc from poor previous experience

see how it goes

dont worry bill i think the same... iv had bad experiences with ebc, so i will only consider using them if these guys have good resutls! (the more options us LCR boys have the better! ;))

willbatch

Jul 19, 2006
All i am going to stress here is that this is a cheaper way of doing it, i really dont care if they aren't quite as good a fiddoo 222555000's lol and brembo drilled discs, what i do care about is pound notes in my pocket, i'll report back as the miles clock up but at this point in time they are only getting stronger.

Oh and i had the normal plain EBC disc with £27 OMP pads.

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
All i am going to stress here is that this is a cheaper way of doing it, i really dont care if they aren't quite as good a fiddoo 222555000's lol and brembo drilled discs, what i do care about is pound notes in my pocket, i'll report back as the miles clock up but at this point in time they are only getting stronger.

the more options we have the better!... so keep up the good work! ;)

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk

Its a balance of buy cheap buy twice, and the severity of usage, which is people dependant.

Some people get 20k miles out of their oe kit, some manage less than 10k, so I bet those with the lesser type milage would be using theirs harder, and cheaper (at face value) parts would not last as long as OE even.

cupracooper

Somewhere in the middle
Jan 19, 2004
Warwickshire
Visit site
Still with others comments:

Only 2 things on your car really matter, brakes and tyres.. NEVER skimp on either you life DOES depend on them!

LCR's are not the cheapest cars to run.... but if wanted cheap I wouldn't have bought one.

I hope that cheap discs and pads work, not for the sake of a 100 quid (2 tanks of petrol) but for the people who have fitted thems safety.

CustardCupra

Feb 2, 2002
Cleveland
Visit site
Do you still do the 2 piece discs for the lcr Bill???
As i'm thinking if its looking like £300+ for a set of decent discs every 10-15K then in the long run it must even itself out for the bell/rotor set up as the rotors won't be as expensive to replace............i presume.LOL
And a better set up to boot

Last edited:

kwan88

Jan 18, 2003
Slough
Visit site
Whats the wear on teh EBC disc and pads. My car is due for some soon. But can't decide to buy EBC of Brembo. As those Galfers killed my disc which were fine before the pads. Also did the EBC pads have the black shim, to prevent noise?

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
dont worry about the shim... (tho i think* the red stuff does have it!) use copper grease! ;)

edit:

PADS.jpg

Last edited:

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
nice one... il be posting up a new thread on sunday (assuming i get time to pick it up!) re my new set up... ;)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise