At last cheap Cupra R brake discs!!!!

Phil K

Here's your sign
Oct 18, 2004
Surrey darling...
I have the DS2500 on EBC grooved and dimpled, and there awesome, just as good as stock brembo disks imo, done a trackday in them and there were no problems at all, they have'nt groved the disks like the OMP pads did to my originals...will buy them again for sure :)

This is good info... I'm currently running DS2500's on the standard Brembo discs but I need to replace the discs ASAP (before the imminent service). I can see the advantage of the dimpled discs over drilled as this will protect them from cracking and if they're an improvement over the standard then all the better!

My plan is to do the discs now and carry on with the current pads until they run out (prob about 2.5-3K left on them) and then upgrade the fluid and replace with some new DS2500's... is this advisable or should I replace the lot now? (trying to stick to a low budget ultimately)

Anyone else with info/experience of these discs would also be of great interest!?!

Cheers :D

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
turbo grooved dimpled are quite noisy operation.. grooves are quite wide and rumble when used, a lot more so when hot

New disks/pads at same time is best, but if budgets tricky, then just disks is ok so long as you bed them in gently.

Phil K

Here's your sign
Oct 18, 2004
Surrey darling...
Cheers for the info buddy! I use my car every day and a lot of it is business use so excessive noise could be a problem! What would you recommend instead of these - price is important but I do understand the importance of good braking?

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Heh there are some of us who quite like the sound the grooved discs make when they get used, it's not 'intrusive' as such .... just lets you know you've really stomped on the stop pedal :) Under normal braking there is no more noise than you'd hear with normal discs.

jabonmoce

At last cheap Cupra R brake discs

The information and the knowledge which I have gathered from the conference helped me to implement in this topic.
================
Buy Gold for Cash

Stewlcr

Im so confused what is the best front sisc to buy for my lcr, theres so many options

BoomhaueR

Wanna go fasterrrR
Oct 9, 2008
Exeter, Devon
Holy thread resurrection!

I have tried OEM - warped them
then tried ebc grooved - had disc thickness variation (DTV)
Now I'm on ebc Ultimax and they are very good so far!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members