1. Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store. and are now half price.

At last - got a boot lip spoiler fitted!

Discussion in 'MK1 & MK2 Toledo' started by Tartan58, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Tartan58

Tartan58 Ex Seat Owner!!

Well I've wanted a subtle boot lip spoiler for ages but never seen it done on a Toledo and nowhere seemed to do one specifically for the Toledo.

After much research and e-mailing I finally found a supplier on e-bay who could (a) supply one to the correct length to fit the Toledo and (b) paint it in a SEAT colour.

So for the very reasonable sum of £30ish including painting and postage from Tiwan I got this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

To be honest I wasn't going to let myself get too excited about it until I saw it in the flesh but once it arrived I was well impressed, the colour match is perfect and the fitting is spot on so after about a year of searching I'm one happy chappy :D:D

The quality of the finish seems pretty good - I guess time will tell how durable it will be but for £30 I'm very pleased with it.

Next on the mod list is to do something with the exhaust, again not seen it done on a Toledo before but I want to get a section cut out from the bumper and have the twin exhausts coming straight out rather than turned down, but not sure if I'm brave enough to start cutting things!
    Still at the current rate of 1 mod per year that'll maybe be a long way off!!

2. dvance

dvance Active Member

Could you direct us towards that particular eBay seller ;)

How does it attach -- any drilling involved? Is it completely for eye pleasure, or there's an actual handling benefit, that can be felt (and I don't mean powersliding around racing tracks but in everydayish spirited driving :p )

3. Tartan58

Tartan58 Ex Seat Owner!!

I was wondering how long it would take before folk wanted to copy me ;)

Since I'm such a generous person I'll tell you I got it from here: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320504753707 it's the 45" one you need and just tell them the paint code you want - best check with them before you bid just to make sure they can do it - I found them very helpful indeed.

It comes with self adhesive strips so just gave the area a good clean and stuck it on, seems pretty firm just hope it doesn't degrade with time or if it gets wet.
    I got it just for the looks, I very much doubt it makes any differance to the handling, only driven about 10miles through town so far since I've fitted it.

4. kewe

kewe Active Member

Looks very neat on there Tartan - nice find and great price! :clap:

Looks like it blends in nice with the shape of the Toledos rear end which I always think somehow looks odd at times.

5. dvance

dvance Active Member

Yeah, it's definitely nice, might get one in matte black just to be different ;)

That is after I plug the holes on the cockpit water leaks :D

6. AP_V5

AP_V5 Active Member

That looks just right, I wasn't going to fit a spoiler but after seeing this one I think I might be tempted! :lol:

7. Slimy

That does look rather neat, I've already got the standard rear spoiler that I'm happy with but I'm sure my mate would be very interested in it. And his is the same blue as well!!

8. michaelg1001

michaelg1001 B5 S4 Avant

thats awesome! iv been looking for one for ages n all! iv got a scratch on my bootlid that this would cover up quite nicely.... this could be the next mod on the list once i get my 312mm brakes and decat on

9. Tartan58

Tartan58 Ex Seat Owner!!

Thanks for the positive comments guys - had a feeling I might start a trend!!

10. tollydan

tollydan Active Member

looks good! nice cheap mod

11. rowlers

rowlers Guest

I've been looking to do this fo ages, but wasn't sure how it would look.
    It looks SWEET!!!
    will be buying;)

12. dvance

dvance Active Member

Did you by any chance sell it to somebody from the Edinburgh area -- I drove behind a dark blue debadged Tolly today with a boot lip spoiler just like yours (and a tow bar too :) ). Have to say in the flesh it looks even better + the color match was spot on!

13. Tartan58

Tartan58 Ex Seat Owner!!

I traded it in at a dealer in Glasgow so not sure where it now lives although I did spy it in Edinburgh myself before Christmas and realised what a good looking car it was and how bland my current Mondeo is. Mind you the garage would have had to spend a bit to get it into a decent condition to sell it on - hope the new owner is happy with it!

14. Brimma

Is it just me who can't see the pics of this?

15. Kempy0507

Kempy0507 Guest

Yeah i can't see the pics either. Any chance you can re-upload them?

16. Tartan58

Tartan58 Ex Seat Owner!!

Not sure why they've disappeared from my flikr account - will try and find the pics and upload them again.

17. H & H 2.3

H & H 2.3 Newbie

i'd be interested in seeing this too - i'm back in a SEAT and will be changing some things asap and undecided on what spoiler to put on :)

18. H & H 2.3

H & H 2.3 Newbie

Any luck finding the pic Tartan?