At Last Spoiler Fitted!

perkman1969

Feb 25, 2015
NE England
Like it, think it adds to the lines of the car, even if it isn't as "in your face" as previous models.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DaFoot

Jun 16, 2014
Sheffield
www.dafoot.co.uk
I'm getting this done to mine this week - dealer is doing it for free as they have messed me about so much.

What are peoples thoughts on the effect this mod will have on insurance premium?.

Insurance will use any excuse to raise premiums, if you tell them you have added some body kit you can be sure it will involve a price increase.

No idea how much though.

Si FR

Jun 27, 2015
I'm getting this done to mine this week - dealer is doing it for free as they have messed me about so much.

What are peoples thoughts on the effect this mod will have on insurance premium?.

Obviously everyone is different but Direct Line only added on £19 for the year for the spoiler, sideskirts, rear bumper and dual exhaust.

marlop

It's as if spoiler needs to move further forward to front of car. But this is not possible because there is no gap and it is sitting on rear screen on both sides. [...] Also when the hatch is opening if the spoiler was further forward there may be a possibility of the edge catching on the roof of the car.
Looking at how the boot opens, we can see it's possible to move the spoiler further forward without snagging on the roof.

The real problem is the doble sided tape on the spoiler. Once it's stuck on the roof, it´s very difficult to change position. Mine is a second-hand spoiler, bought without that kind of tape, so the installation was much easier. Advice: get rid of the tape before installing. With a Sikaflex-type adhesive is more than enough to get it well fitted.

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

Last edited:

Munkie

Jan 16, 2017
Sorry to bring back an old post but which spoiler is this?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Naith

Sep 14, 2015
I've just had one fitted on my new MY17 FR. It was almost half-price from the dealer as part of the deal on the car. Mind you, even at €260 (here in Spain) including painting & fitting by SEAT, it's not a cheap accessory.

Is it worth it? Each to their own, but I haven't any regrets whatsoever - it looks ace! ;-)

sweetfr

Misty
Nov 24, 2007
Co Durham
Hi Munkie

The spoiler fitted is the genuine Seat item. It is part of the aftermarket body kit and can be bought separate. I still have the car. The spoiler has been on the car for very nearly 3 years and it still looks just as good as the day it was fitted.

Sonofzelda if upmarket fluffy dice are what you are into go for it. Lol.

Munkie

Jan 16, 2017
Hi Munkie

The spoiler fitted is the genuine Seat item. It is part of the aftermarket body kit and can be bought separate. I still have the car. The spoiler has been on the car for very nearly 3 years and it still looks just as good as the day it was fitted.

Sonofzelda if upmarket fluffy dice are what you are into go for it. Lol.
Thanks for letting me know hopefully dealer will do me a good deal and fit it for me before I pick my car up

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Geraint Thomas

Jun 24, 2019
Fitting mine tomorrow, any tips? Obviously I'll wash and dry the car first, then panel wipe the top of the bootlid. I'll leave the adhesive tape on the spoiler and I was also going to use tigerseal alongside the tape for a bit extra grab.