Attending a Trackday?

Deleted member 103408

Unlike the poor guy in this short video.

Start watching from 1.00 if you want to see the spin.

Reactions: Maypack

Deleted member 103408

If only, no I was in the middle of the pack better than some worse than others but its good fun and learning all the time.

They did surprise me by saying they have had 8 rolled cars in 8 years so please no more - and that is before we went out.

The nice thing (especially for such a small track) there was always room to get out on the track and not be surrounded by other faster cars. And for me personally i had two or three cars who were in front of me had the blue flag (means get out of the way of the Beast From The East).

I am now thinking of going to Kendrew Barracks (formerly RAF Cottesmore) to see what that one is like.

Reactions: Maypack

Deleted member 103408

yep but they dont have anything setup for 2019 yet

Deleted member 103408

snetterton 300 has been talked about, Looks like there is plenty of parking as well.

Screenshot 2018-12-03 at 23.07.10.png

Reactions: vwtrev and Sparkie

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
We got to park there in 2019 and watch @theoldboy who by then will be a seasoned track day driver.

I’m pretty sure @Deano j1971 would be up for this. Anyone else?

I’d do Snetterton 300 again.
Proper track.
Loved it. And you can practice on project cars on PlayStation too

Badger5 Custom Map + TIP,
3” Sustem, FMIC, Bosh 550’s,
BC Coilovers, ARB’s +loads more.

Deleted member 103408

Not sure my old Playstation 2 will run project cars, have to check that out.

Just checked on Javelin and MSVT both doing it for £99-00 in Feb have to give that some thought....

Deleted member 103408

You are always welcome you track-day groupies need to give yourself a name.

Being serious I would suggest we meet later in the year as we are meeting in Jan, I think Feb may get the other halves worried.

Deleted member 103408

All booked 28th February 19, @Sparkie did you need a garage when you went last time.

And fyi Javlin are giving double points on events booked in December.

Update, If you plan on multiple events (which I do) and you have the cash you can get another 10% discount if you are can afford to spend £900-00, then you will get £1,000-00 of events spend as you want.
Also if you can make mid week meets the cost (certainly end / beginning of year) is cheaper.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
All booked 28th February 19, @Sparkie did you need a garage when you went last time.

And fyi Javlin are giving double points on events booked in December.

Update, If you plan on multiple events (which I do) and you have the cash you can get another 10% discount if you are can afford to spend £900-00, then you will get £1,000-00 of events spend as you want.
Also if you can make mid week meets the cost (certainly end / beginning of year) is cheaper.

We had a garage. They fit 2 cars.
Tbh there is ample tarmac available behind the garages where everyone parks up. Unless worries about getting wet or having somewhere to put your gear, it’s not essential there.

Badger5 Custom Map + TIP,
3” Sustem, FMIC, Bosh 550’s,
BC Coilovers, ARB’s +loads more.

Deleted member 103408

thanks, they are not as cheap as beford so will give them a miss this time.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members