Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.

Attending a Trackday?

Discussion in 'Other Events' started by vwtrev, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Sparkie

Sparkie Angling Adict.

I’m looking at changing mine now.
    My lakes are opening on eve of 15th.
    Need to be there.
    4 th looks promising.

Badger5 Custom Map + TIP,
    3”Custom exhaust, FMIC, Bosh 550’s, BC Coilovers, ARB’s +loads more.

vwtrev likes this.
  2. gurpz94

gurpz94 Active Member

Thanks mate. I've picked up a pair of Mtec C hook discs for the front and will sort out the DS2500s before putting them back on so I'll be doing that when I have some time.

With previous cars on coilovers the ride is much harsher and more stiff - is it the same with these cars on coilies?

I did this track day on the 1st March, the one sunny day between all the crap weather and storms. The sun was out but it was still a nice cool day, about 10 or 11c.

3. vwtrev

vwtrev Flying Banana

I've a Mk1 on ST suspension (KW') V2 coilovers so cannot comment on mk2 / 3 Cupras, but I find it quite compliant, yes it can be crashy over potholes and the like and i'd not like to daily it to be honest (it is just a track car) but its not solid like a go-kart except round corners :)

Trev

4. Sparkie

Sparkie Angling Adict.

Changed. Booking.
    Going for July for a full day at brands.

vwtrev likes this.
  5. vwtrev

vwtrev Flying Banana

That's probably a good call, who knows when the tracks will open, some emails say tracks may open sooner rather than later, then another says some tracks are closed for May and June... not sure what they are going to do different in July they can't do now though, the virus isn't going away too soon I think, the government are just managing it (not sure how well but that's a discussion for another forum).

6. Sparkie

Sparkie Angling Adict.

Should think they’ll open for a couple of weeks and then be shut down as will the whole country. Second wave is imminent if you look at Germany and South Korea sadly.

vwtrev likes this.
  7. vwtrev

vwtrev Flying Banana

Just gonna play it by ear and book something when there is more info from the actual tracks themselves. Cars been off the road since November, so will tax next month to get ready, just in case...

8. Fozzy84

Fozzy84 Active Member

i assume you guys have seen a number of track day companies have confirmed re-oopening dates!!

vwtrev likes this.
  9. vwtrev

vwtrev Flying Banana

Yep, trying to nail down a date or two in June with some other people, although technically won't be able to see / speak to them while there....

10. Fozzy84

Fozzy84 Active Member

You can still see and chat to each other adhering to the 2 metre rule. It’s 1 to a garage and I normally share with my mate. A lot of June dates are full now, I’m trying to get my credit allocated to an event in July but Trackdays.co.uk aren’t answering the phone, they say to email but aren’t emailing back!

11. Sparkie

Sparkie Angling Adict.

Where you going?

12. vwtrev

vwtrev Flying Banana

Boom, all booked up for 9th June at Brands (Eve), looks like we got a few Cupra R's heading over too.