Attention anyone due to collect new car!!

Derv4194

Nov 25, 2017
I had arranged to collect my cupra tomorrow morning but had a call from dealer at 5:30pm today to say he has just had an email from Seat UK to immediately halt all collections of Leons/Aronas etc that have the kessy/connecting hub/wireless phone charger. He has no further info yet, but it means that he cannot release the car to me even though its sat at the dealership! No idea if this is some kind of safety recall, and that existing owners may be getting notified, but might know more tomorrow as they are delivering me a hire car. No idea when/if i will get my cupra - bit scared it might be a big problem as he says he has never had a message like this! Im gutted because ive rearranged a lot of things in readiness to pick up the car tomorrow and booked the day off work.

Has anyone else been notified of this - i believe the message only came through around 5pm today to dealers...

jammer

Feb 20, 2018
Noooooo hope not ... mines about to get on the boat .. had the kessy put on it too

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
...i believe the message only came through around 5pm today to dealers...
It did.

All we know so far is that it is to do with the signal booster that is part of the wireless charging hub. There is no issue with the wireless charging or any linked/connected options such as KESSY.

The specification of cars not yet built will be amended (and the price adjusted accordingly) to delete this component, and cars already built will have it removed.

SEAT will not allow registration and handover of affected cars until the change has been carried out, and customers have signed a document accepting them.

I would expect more details to be released tomorrow...

Derv4194

Nov 25, 2017
It did.

All we know so far is that it is to do with the signal booster that is part of the wireless charging hub. There is no issue with the wireless charging or any linked/connected options such as KESSY.

The specification of cars not yet built will be amended (and the price adjusted accordingly) to delete this component, and cars already built will have it removed.

SEAT will not allow registration and handover of affected cars until the change has been carried out, and customers have signed a document accepting them.

Thanks for your comments scrogg - i appreciate the extra info.

So do u know what the problem actually might be and what effect it may have on cars? Could we be looking at days or weeks till they can release cars?

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
It did.

Please keep us posted on this thread if there will be some sort of recall on existing cars.
Mine has that exact configuration...

IrnBru

Apr 4, 2018
Mines is just a bog standard FR ST, I'm supposed to pick it up on Monday, will I be affected?

_Dejan_

Mar 20, 2018
Just the signal booster.

Then not big issue, but without wireless charger it will be problem for me because I have all time empty battery :)

P.S. Im not from UK and Im contact my Dealer and they contact General Distributor for our country about this issue and they didn't receive any message from Seat about this issue... Is this maybe some UK thing?

Last edited:

silles

May 4, 2017
i don't have the keyless option,but I guess the wireless charger is standard, am I affected? I'm collecting my Cupra tomorrow

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.