Audi TT 16s on Platinum Grey leon. What colour?

arwood

Got some 16'' audi tt speedline alloys that need refurbishing before I put them on my platinum grey leon, so can have any colour. What do you think? I was thinking powdercoated black, or a gunmetal type dark grey/anthracite.
Also was wondering where people got seat centre caps for the wheels. The centre caps of the audi wheels are domed with raised audi logos on, so not easy to just buy replacement stick on centres, got to buy whole new centres, or do I just keep audi ones?
Any opinions are valued!
Cheers.

Phil K

Here's your sign
Oct 18, 2004
Surrey darling...
Yeah either polish them or go for a bright silver with a decent flake... tbh I really don't like dark wheels on platinum grey as there just isn't enough deffinition and it needs breaking up a bit!

arwood

Sorry havent got any pics and cant post url's.
They are the five spoke speedline wheels. Big chuncky spokes that are really flat.
Will have to see about polished finish, but thinking they willl be a nightmare to keep clean and cost a lot to get done. Like it though.
Was thinking maybe even black, then get wing mirrors in black, kind of reverse of the fr's with the silver mirrors.

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Are they not these then?

907799-3.jpg

arwood

No. They are five spoke, heads of the wheel nuts exposed, with a small centre cap. Slightly recessed where the nuts and centres are. Flat, chunky spokes right to the edge of the wheel.

arwood

Search for seller a_s_auto_tyres on ebay, he is selling one. Or item number: 230326610407.

arwood

I think they are the 'competition' style, and may have been an option only on early tt's. They may well have been chrome finish when they were new, the ones I have are 2 silver, badly refurbished, and 2 black really badly sprayed with a can of paint!

arwood

So they are not comps, but they are not made by ronal. They are deffinately made by speedline as they are stamped on the back.

arwood

no worries.
so what do people think?
need more opinions on colour/finish.
also, suggestions for centre caps.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.