Aura Code Help

Abeat1

Hi Guys

I have recently refitted my AURA CD as I am about to sell my 02 Toledo.
I have the radio code and am trying to follow the instructions in the manual as to how to unlock it.

The stereo looks very slightly different from the one in the instructions, when the stereo is ready for the code to be entered it shows 2000, the book says it should show 1000, entereing the code fails every time...Am I doing something wrong? There is also mention of the display flashing and a confirmation bleep..I don't get any of that....HELP

Andrew

BenJ20VT

Sep 12, 2004
Newbury
Hi, my Auro shows 2000 and I use the 1, 2, 3, 4 buttons to enter the code. Then press PROG and it should kick into life. I'm only prosuming your using the same CD radio.

chiefsilverback

Terrible thing a poo poo!
Mar 21, 2005
RTW, Kent
I've just picked up my new 05 LCR and one of the first things I did was put my Sony MD head unit in.

Unfortunately I realised I'd left a CD in the Aura unit and I mucked up putting the code in.

Now, no matter what I do all I get on the display is 'SAFE'

Anybody got any ideas on how to unlock the Aura so I can get my CD out?

Abeat1

Aura Code

Hi Guys

After trying loads of times to enter the code which was written on the code card which came with the car I removed the stereo again and found on the top of the unit in blue biro a date and a four digit code!!!! punched in the code and bingo problem solved....Looks like my motor had had a stereo change at somepoint!...The dealer was the previous owner and had never bothered to update the card!.. useless twots!....so what I am saying is, have a good look at the stereo for blue biro!

Andy

Saul

<b>SCN Admin</b>
May 21, 2001
chiefsilverback said:
I've just picked up my new 05 LCR and one of the first things I did was put my Sony MD head unit in.

Unfortunately I realised I'd left a CD in the Aura unit and I mucked up putting the code in.

Now, no matter what I do all I get on the display is 'SAFE'

Anybody got any ideas on how to unlock the Aura so I can get my CD out?

when it displays SAFE and nothing else after 10 secs, its locked out for an hour.

you need to leave it for an hour then come back to it and it will reset to 1000, you have 2 chances to get your code in (1000 & 2000 will be displayed on each attempt) get them wrong twice and it will lock out for an hour again.

keep a close eye on your watch tho, shortly after the hour has passed and with no input, it will stay locked.

:cheers:

MK8

Hi guys, its a very quick question ive got, and i would really appreciate some help!
Basically, ive got a Ibiza 1.4 S (53 plate) so Mk 4??
i want to put in my Sony M800 HU in, but my car didnt come with astero manual. So i need to know, if i disconnect the original Alana HU, and put in my Sony will it be ok?
and when i come to Sell and replace the orig. HU will it ask me for a code? if so how do i get the code?? bearing in mind it didnt come with manual so dont know the code.
Can you guys please help me out?

dragon

leon cupra tdi(04) 6 disc changer switch radio on (safe displayed)lock door go back, 1 hour or when display goes to 1000, time varies do not insert ignition key,punch in code number , press prog ,voila this worked for me after battery disconnected.

Pix2007

Hi, I just bought a 2001 Leon 1.8T20v, the Aura head unit was in safe mode when I purchased. Out of safe mode I got the display "2000", Im pressing the buttons 1 2 3 4, but none of the digits are changing to allow me to enter my code.

Anyone know how to sort this?

patrickewen

hello, i have put my original aura stereo back in my leon 1.6s and accidently locked it out; it displays a 2 and the word 'safe'. I following instructions on this thread, with no avail....still safe 2! I have the headset all plugged in, i lock the car and wait an hour. Come back and switch on the headset and it still displays the damn safe 2. What am I doing wrong?

patrickewen

Ah, so i leave it on with the screen illuminated? Ok will try that

SarahOwen

Hello, i am also sorry for bringing this back up again. But i'm ripping my hair out now...!!!

In Jan i got a flat battery and my radio went into "safe mode" when i turn my car on it reads "safe" for a few seconds and then reads "2000"

I dont have a manual, but i have a code printout from previous owner. I have tried this and nothing happens.

I have also been following instructions i read on here...... Still nothing happens.

I took my car to the Seat dealers in Leicester TWICE and they said i have to leave my car ON for the screen to go from 2000 to 3000 to add the code, and it could take anything from 10min to 10hours, tried this three times and i get another flat battery after about 4hours.

So i borrowed a mains 12v plug in thing that u attach to to your battery to keep it charged up, with the key turned twice i got another flat battery twice.

At this moment in time it is plugged into the mains and reads 4v and the key is turned once, radio is lit and nothing else. it has now been like that for 6hours and still nothing has happened.

I can change the numbers on the face using the skip tract buttons and still nothing happens.

It has been just over 4months now and i still cant get it working.........!!!!!!!

PLEASE HELP ME SOMEONE.

xxxxxxx

Mar 3, 2009
Hinckley
what are you pressing once youved typed in the code as you havent stated,once it has the option to type the code in you dont need to leave it on any longer (also you dont have to have the key in,you can just press the on button on the radio and lock the car)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.