Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

Aura radio reception

Discussion in 'Leon Mk1 (2000-2006)' started by gac, Mar 11, 2010.

1. gac

gac Troll under ***'s bridge

#1 gac, Mar 11, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
  2. Slimy

As far as I know the amplifier is in the base of the aerial that is on the roof. However, when I looked at my aerial in preparation for a safari park visit (damn monkeys!!), mine wouldn't come off. It would unscrew and fold down, but really wouldn't come off.

I'm wondering whether you've damaged the connection that the aerial needs in order to receive the signal? If you put the original one back on do you get your old version of the signal back?

3. SalSheikh

SalSheikh Under the Hood

i added some aerial iso connector when i changed my h/u and this sorted my reception issues out for me.

4. SalSheikh

SalSheikh Under the Hood

i would post this in the ice section, MT Audio will probably help you out with this.

5. jgy6000

jgy6000 Active Member

any luck? Have the same problem, C2 aerial, might put the standard one back on :(

6. skullmunki

skullmunki Ding Ding Round 2!!!

I went back to the standard aerial because having no reception from the C2 one was getting on my t*ts. I also heard that theres a booster of some kind in the base of the aerial...if i remember correctly the threaded bit on the C2 aerial is only really short, so it might not be making contact properly (or something!)