Aura Stereo "2 SAFE"

Toledo07

Hi everyone,

Newbie hear so go easy.

I have searched the boards and read all the relevant posts regarding the Aura stereo but having followed all the advice i can't get the stereo working.

I have just purchased a 2000 1.9TDI Toledo which i'm really happy with but have a few niggles to get over first of which one is the stereo.

Its coming up with a small number 2 and then SAFE.
I have left the stereo on whilst stationary after an hour or so it comes up with 2000 in place of the word SAFE.
I then enter the code and hold down the pty button and wait for a confirmation beep. Alas nothing happens.
Once releasing the pty button it then comes up with 1000 so i enter the code again and hold down the pty button, only for no confirmation beep again.
Once i release the button this time it goes back to the original message of a small number 2 and the word SAFE.

Am i making an obvious error or has anyone got some advice to get round this problem.

By the way the forum is great keep up the good work.

T07

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
its gone into safe mode as wrong code been entered too many times, need to leave the unit on for about an hour i believe then you get another go. sounds like you are entering the code wrong some how

Toledo07

Thanks for the reply ant.

Definately looks like i have been given the wrong code[:@]

Not only that but now we have discovered that our spare key opens the door and starts the engine but does not lock all the doors when locking the car and doesn't deactivate or activate the alarm. Thus rendering it pretty useless!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members