Aura Stereo

rayrayy

I had a problem with my stereo where i had to enter a code, i entered the wrong code accidently and now the stereo won't do anything e.g won't display the safe mode, I do have the correct code but i do not know how to get out of this lock mode. I know there is power getting to the stereo because the buttons illuminate but the little display on the stereo does not show anything, Please i need my music back. Thanks for the help in advance :cry:

rayrayy

i have now removed the head unit and the cd holder thats in the glove box ,can some body recomend a replacement that i can just plug in,if i need a face plate i dont mind,aLSO CAN I BUY SOMETHING TO FIT IN MY GLOVE BOX TO HIDE THE HOLE

rk696

Aug 16, 2007
West Yorkshire
May I recommend a Blaupunkt Queens MP56?

I have one in mine, it looks mint, sounds mint, and you can change to colour of the backlight to match the speedo etc..

tomegan09

HI
I know i'm a bit late seeing your post as you have it taken out already. What you do is when the stereo is blocked you leave it turned on for 1 hour and it after that you can re enter the code.

Cibao

to re-enter the code...

I had a problem with my stereo where i had to enter a code, i entered the wrong code accidently and now the stereo won't do anything e.g won't display the safe mode, I do have the correct code but i do not know how to get out of this lock mode. I know there is power getting to the stereo because the buttons illuminate but the little display on the stereo does not show anything, Please i need my music back. Thanks for the help in advance :cry:

Hi. What you need to do is leave the radio ON with the car ignition OFF and no key in the ignition for about one hour, after that the radio will display 1000 or 2000.
When it does, press the PTY/PGM button and then press the radio station numbers 1,2,3,4 (not 5 and 6). Pressing these buttons several times will give you the numbers for the code in the display.
Let me explain myself: for the first digit code, press number 1 several times until in the display appears the code number you want. Let's say your code is 0525. You have to press number 1 until 0 appears, then number 2 five times until number 5 appears on the display, number 3 two times and number 4 five times. Be sure that the 0525 (your code) read on the radio display. If you get it wrong you'll have to start all over again and wait another hour. After that press SCAN and voila!

alpick36

I have the same problem on my 1.4s Mk1 leon. I have left the radio on and ignition off as you have suggested and my display now shows 2000. However when it comes to entering the code, when i press pty the screen flashes SAFE then it says 2000 wih a little 1 at the side as if I failed the first try. Then i try it again and it shows the SAFE with a little 2 at the side meaning i have failed the second try and the radio is locked [:@]:censored::cry:. at no point does the 2000 flash to enable me to enter the code. What am I doing wrong, or do i have a problem with the HU. :doh:

GrayT

I'm Old
Jul 7, 2004
London
I have the same problem on my 1.4s Mk1 leon. I have left the radio on and ignition off as you have suggested and my display now shows 2000. However when it comes to entering the code, when i press pty the screen flashes SAFE then it says 2000 wih a little 1 at the side as if I failed the first try. Then i try it again and it shows the SAFE with a little 2 at the side meaning i have failed the second try and the radio is locked [:@]:censored::cry:. at no point does the 2000 flash to enable me to enter the code. What am I doing wrong, or do i have a problem with the HU. :doh:

You'll still have to wait another hour with the radio. However, next time don't press PTY first. I know it's in the book but each time I did this it immediately went to safe. Try pressing the code in straight away. That's all I have to do each time the battery is disconnected.

alpick36

Thanks for the reply GrayT.

I left the radio on all night so it would switch itself off. I also tried keying in the code before pressing pty but nothing happened. I have reset the safe mode 3 times over the past couple of days. Should i just buy a new HU, and where would I get a faceplate from as the aura is wider than standard radios ??

GrayT

I'm Old
Jul 7, 2004
London
It depends what you want but there are replacements out there. Personally I find the aura unit to be good enough and you can usually find one on ebay.

rk696

Aug 16, 2007
West Yorkshire
Thanks for the reply GrayT.

I left the radio on all night so it would switch itself off. I also tried keying in the code before pressing pty but nothing happened. I have reset the safe mode 3 times over the past couple of days. Should i just buy a new HU, and where would I get a faceplate from as the aura is wider than standard radios ??

Might sound a bit dumb, but how are you entering the code?

When it says 2000 on the screen, you need to use the seek up and down buttons on the right hand side to enter the code. Then press the PTY button and it should come back to life, assuming you put in the right code.

If you just press PTY first, the HU thinks you have put in the code 2000 and blocks you. Leave the radio switched on until 2000 starts flashing, then put the code in.

Last edited:

bishopsrise

My Aura just says beep & I have radi one but can not change the channels. Any ideas?

plasmid87

Have been trying to sort this issue out for a while, finally found a solution! I'm sorry if some of this is a repeat but in case anyone else is having this issue, do the following:

1) If your display shows "(small 2) SAFE" - your radio is locked. To complete the waiting interval, you must turn off the ignition, but leave the radio on. I have found the wait period is ~1 hour.

2) When your radio is ready to be reactivated, it will have 2000 displayed on the screen. DO NOT PRESS PROG/PTY ANY FUNCTION KEYS. Doing so made mine go back into locked mode again.

3) Use the < > seek buttons to adjust the digits to your number, e.g., if you had code 1234, you'd hold down < until the value was 1234, and use > to adjust back up if you overshoot your target number.

4) Press PROG once. This should reactivate your radio. If not, perform the above steps again, double checking the number you have landed on.

For reference, no garage kit / computers can perform this unlock and my local SEAT main dealer was helpless to do anything about it. It took me a while to get this going as my radio guide discussed using numbers 1-4 and pressing PROG, doing so will only get your radio locked again.

Hope this is of some help.

cidermush

Hi, i am going to try your method. Im curious though because I dont have a code for mine and if the dealers are helpless, how the heck am I going to get my code! Was your code unique to your radio or was it a default? Would you consider telling me your code so I can try it? I will give you any info you want to ease your mind that I will not come to wherever you live and take your radio lol

krisby

Custom user title
Nov 17, 2010
Sipson
I had problems with my radio too, the code would reset then it would crap out again, go into safe mode, lose power all together, and the problem with that is the radio is used for the VAG diagnostics, I kept getting no connection.

So I splashed out on a replacement HU, £20 off ebay I think, dropped it in, voila, all working, no VAG problems, was well worth it instead of putting up with an intermittent stereo.

plasmid87

Hi, i am going to try your method. Im curious though because I dont have a code for mine and if the dealers are helpless, how the heck am I going to get my code! Was your code unique to your radio or was it a default? Would you consider telling me your code so I can try it? I will give you any info you want to ease your mind that I will not come to wherever you live and take your radio lol

I asked them the exact same question - "What do I do if I have lost my code?". I'm afraid they didn't have anything useful to say, unbelievable! Each radio gets given a unique 4-digit code, printed on a radio code card. I found mine tucked in the radio manual. I'm afraid my code won't do you any good :(

gemini

Feb 7, 2010
Budapest, Hungary
Have been trying to sort this issue out for a while, finally found a solution! I'm sorry if some of this is a repeat but in case anyone else is having this issue, do the following:

1) If your display shows "(small 2) SAFE" - your radio is locked. To complete the waiting interval, you must turn off the ignition, but leave the radio on. I have found the wait period is ~1 hour.

2) When your radio is ready to be reactivated, it will have 2000 displayed on the screen. DO NOT PRESS PROG/PTY ANY FUNCTION KEYS. Doing so made mine go back into locked mode again.

3) Use the < > seek buttons to adjust the digits to your number, e.g., if you had code 1234, you'd hold down < until the value was 1234, and use > to adjust back up if you overshoot your target number.

4) Press PROG once. This should reactivate your radio. If not, perform the above steps again, double checking the number you have landed on.

For reference, no garage kit / computers can perform this unlock and my local SEAT main dealer was helpless to do anything about it. It took me a while to get this going as my radio guide discussed using numbers 1-4 and pressing PROG, doing so will only get your radio locked again.

Hope this is of some help.

let me add, that what Cibao wrote earlier will also work, mine did.

Let me explain myself: for the first digit code, press number 1 several times until in the display appears the code number you want. Let's say your code is 0525. You have to press number 1 until 0 appears, then number 2 five times until number 5 appears on the display, number 3 two times and number 4 five times. Be sure that the 0525 (your code) read on the radio display. If you get it wrong you'll have to start all over again and wait another hour. After that press PTY/PROG and voila!

now if your srceen flashes "SAFE" for about a second and then shows "2000" DO NOT PRESS PTY/PROG!!! altough your manual probably would say to do so. Instead start putting your code in right away. Mine was 1738 so I had to press buttons "1-2-3-4" accordingly. Pressed button "1" nine times to get me the first digit of the code (1) pressed button "2" seven times to get the second (7) and so on. After the radio shows the correct code I just pressed PTY/PROG and my head unit immediately started to work.

After switching on the set ' SAFE ' will be displayed followed by ' 2000 '

Press preset [ 1 ] repeatedly for the first digit
Press preset [ 2 ] repeatedly for the second digit
Press preset [ 3 ] repeatedly for the third digit
Press preset [ 4 ] repeatedly for the fourth digit

To save the code press the ' PTY ' key. The set will now operate.

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.