Auto EXpress Review

MSV User

Peeps,

There is a review of Altea FR in the latest AE. It's pitted against the Octavia VRs estate for some reason...and they chose the diesel Altea and the petrol Octavia...dontcha just like magazines that do balanced reports...NOT!!!!

Anyhows, they rate the Octavia better...

Ade[:@]

Ol' Timer

Jun 20, 2004
Norfolk
They, and several other reviewers, seem to rate the Octy vRS Estate as one of the best cars on sale at the moment at any price. As a huge, affordable, fast and well made load carrier, it doesn't seem to have too much competition so I guess that is fair enough. It does seem an odd decision to put it up against the Altea, which is an MPV, albeit a sporty one.

Griffsters

I read that and thought what an odd two cars to put against each other. Two different markets in my opinion, not comparable like for like.

Not sure what Auto Express were on when they dreamt that one up.

MSV User

Ol' Timer said:
They, and several other reviewers, seem to rate the Octy vRS Estate as one of the best cars on sale at the moment at any price. As a huge, affordable, fast and well made load carrier, it doesn't seem to have too much competition so I guess that is fair enough. It does seem an odd decision to put it up against the Altea, which is an MPV, albeit a sporty one.

I know the skoda is a great motor...just naffed by magazines compairing cars from completely different types. The Altea should be compaired against the Scenic, or Focus C-MAX, and even the Golf Plus.

Ade

MSV User

loadswine said:
The Skoda is no doubt an ace machine, but when looks are factored in, well, I know which I prefer.

Yeah - for me there's no competiton in the looks department...skod just haven't managed the looks...mind you my ex-superb looked good from the rear flanks...

Ade

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members