Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.

Auto Meter Wide Band & EGT gauges

Discussion in '(Archived) Engine Discussion and Tuning' started by cuprabaz, Nov 14, 2008.

1. cuprabaz

cuprabaz Racing 2020VT

2. pj1985

pj1985 1.8T Power

Not used or seen so can comment personally but was told that the AFR gauges with coloured led bars are very poor but that one does have a read out aswell so might be ok. Functions seem ok but just depends how accurate it is I suppose.

Not keen on the look of the EGT gauge. Personal preference I suppose but I would much rather have a read out that a dial.

3. cuprabaz

cuprabaz Racing 2020VT

Cheers for that pj. I can't find any reviews for either gauge but i'm probably looking in the wrong places.

4. PhilW

What sort of prices are you gettin with the wideband lambda?

I need to get a AFR gauge, was looking at Innovate ones so i can data log with it.

5. DPJ

DPJ ...........

Vems being discussed in this thread, Phil. :)

6. cuprabaz

cuprabaz Racing 2020VT

For the AFR alone would be £183 delivered but for both would be £266 delivered. They also said it would be marked up favourably for customs etc.;)

7. ibizacupra

ibizacupra Jack-RIP my little Friend

Innovate sux to me as you have to calibrate them which is pointless and not required on other widebands.

zeitronix logs as does VEMs I believe

8. phil_m

phil_m Active Member

Yes agreed Bill, mine looses its calibration about every 2 weeks and you have to take the Lambda sensor out every time to recalibrate.

9. pj1985

pj1985 1.8T Power

Sod that! Getting to my wideband lambda isnt something I would want to be having to do every few weeks!

10. PhilW

I was looking at the AEM UEGO as well, seems to get some good reviews.

11. Backdraft

Backdraft Guest

Looks horrible imo. Ive fitted a few here and they do work well, but ive seen less plasticy kinder egg toys.

12. PhilW

Nice info alex, dont want something fugly in my car really specially if its right in my eye line. lol.

13. beattie17

beattie17 Full Member

Are their any gauges that do both in one? Would rather have one gauge than 2 if possible

14. pj1985

pj1985 1.8T Power

VEMS is both Wideband and EGT in one. Thats initially how I found it as I wanted the same as you beattie.

15. beattie17

beattie17 Full Member

How much the VEMS cost? Do you use one lamda sensor or 2 for the gauge?

16. Backdraft

Backdraft Guest

See - Vems Offer

You get a wideband lambda and egt sensor with the kit. You can use the wideband instead of your narrowband. I use the original narowband for the cars ecu and the wideband for the gauge. Just weld an extra boss in the downpipe.

17. pj1985

pj1985 1.8T Power

What he said. I had an extra boss put in the dp for the wideband lambda and run both my narrowband lambdas. EGT boss welded into very top of the dp.

18. h17och

h17och the hunt is over. 460bhp

zeitrnoix new guage does both

19. cuprabaz

cuprabaz Racing 2020VT

decisions decisions:headhurt:

I've got another thing bugging me, I've got a double a-pillar at the moment and one of the gauges is a narrow band AFR(autometer) so i could easily replace that with the VEMS or Zeitronics BUT I'm going to be fitting a cage. If i don't have the clearance to keep the pillar I'll go for the two Autometers and stick them along with the boost gauge in the centre where the heaters vents are currently.

Can any of you guys tell me if i'll be able to keep the pillar pod with a cage or will it depend on which cage i go for?

20. ibizacupra

ibizacupra Jack-RIP my little Friend

it will depend on the cage. if a seat sport (custom cages bolt in like the rockingham cars) then single pod should fit as the cage did'nt go down that close to the dash.