auto wipers

Discussion in 'Altea - includes XL and Freetrack' started by cal2mag, Feb 23, 2012.

1. cal2mag

cal2mag Guest

Hello everyone
    Is it possible to alter the sensitivity of the rain sensor, other than from the switches on the stalk.On auto my wipers work sort of ok,iknow they are speed sensitive, but at low speed takes to long between wipes. Any info would be great Thanks.

2. Viking

Viking Insurance co's are crap.

Do you actually have rain sensing wipers or just intermittent?

3. cal2mag

cal2mag Guest

the wipers are rain sensing & switch on when it starts to rain.The problem is when travling at slower speeds it can take to long between wipes,and rain builds upon windscreen.This is with the sesitivity switch on the control stalk set to max,i then have to flick it down a notch to start the wipers,otherwise it takes to long between wipes.The windscreen covering the sensor is clean& the windscreen has not been replaced.wipers work fine in manual mode.I just thought there was a way to increase overall sensitivity,other than using a vag com,which i dont have.This is not abig problem more a niggle.Any help appreciated thanks.

4. Viking

Viking Insurance co's are crap.

I think you'll need VCDS for that then. My Altea only had intermittent wipers though.

5. cal2mag

cal2mag Guest

Thanks for your input Viking,will try & get it sorted at next service.