Automatic Boot Pop kit

LeonUser

Mar 15, 2012
North West, Cheshire
Hi All,

just recently moved back to a seat leon 1.4 tsi after having a mondeo diesel

I am wanting to do this mod to mine, could anyone help with parts list or a kit you can purchase with everything you need?

Many Thanks

elnigel

Nov 25, 2002
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Visit site
Hi, welcome back!

There is a massive thread on this from a while ago so do a search if you can.

From memory, I was considering doing this but people started having issues with the boot lid metal ripping where the dampers attached which put me off a bit!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Evening,

Welcome back!

I was one of the people that did this mod and for a week or so it was awesome... Then when weak people couldn't close the boot without bring it down half way then putting their grubby mitts all over the clean car just to close the rest of the way lol

Also half the time it didn't work based on temperature.

I wouldnt do it again personally but yes there is a big thread on this. Somewhere in the depths... Give it a search.

LeonUser

Mar 15, 2012
North West, Cheshire
Hi,

Thanks for the welcome back it's appreciated!

I had a search and have seen lots of different things but maybe ill just leave it as it is if the struts etc are rubbish in the long run (spose it's not hard to just lift the boot up haha)

Callum

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I think it's a wise choice

Take that £30 and buy some nice beer.

You got any other plans for your car? I bet the 1.4 is so much quicker than the mondeo tank lol

Cheers

LeonUser

Mar 15, 2012
North West, Cheshire
Haha!

Ill use it for another mod as i don't drink lol

yeah got some plans, remap and im after some turbine wheels for it as i have genuine bbs seat sport wheels but don't like them!

And in all fairness it doesn't as it was a 2.0tdci but leon is more better drive and comfy but will feel better when it gets the remap on it

Callum

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
So you're the designated driver all year then... You should start on uber on the weekends haha

I respect people that don't drink because it's way more fun watching people get drunk than being drunk...

The turbine wheels that used to be on the sirocco? They looked awesome on a leon!

What does the remap get you power wise? You going to revo or a local place? Might be worth looking up R-Tech as I've heard good things and this is where I'll be going.

Cheers

LeonUser

Mar 15, 2012
North West, Cheshire
I am pal yeah pays for my fuel for a couple weeks or so and you're right it's funny watching all the others drunk doing stupid stuff haha

Yeah just can't find some close to me at the minute so will keep my eye's peeled...

Powerwise it will give me around 150-155bhp and I'm not sure yet my brother in law does remapping but may get it done on the dyno so they can fine tun it as well but ill get prices on both and compare to see what's going to be best i think

t121anf

May 14, 2004
After requiring a new tailgate due to it, I’ll not be doing it again.

Unless it can be motorised like posh cars.

Reactions: Jimbobcook
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise