Aux & AV

Jev

HI. 2005 Toledo 2.0 litre Sport TDI.

I have the Seat sat nav with an "Aux" button. When pressed this invites you to choose auxilliary audio or audio-visual device. Is there a hidden aux socket somewhere I have not noticed? I would love to plug my ipod in simply somewhere - don't really care if the steering wheel controls change the tracks or volume etc...

How about the audio-visual option? All I get is a warning message telling me screen will not display whilst vehicle is moving which is fair enough.

Any help is very welcome. Hope I can be of use to other users eventually.

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
I've got my MP3 player coming in via the TV input, it works fine apart from the display message!

Generally the aux and TV in require specific connectors on the back, leading to a phono or headphone connector that you have available at the front. It's usually pretty simple to pull the unit out and have a look at the back, then get yourself on Ebay for an appropriate lead. I did buy one lead that turned out to not be suitable for my head unit, I had to get one that included a 12 volt signal line for the head unit to recognise it.

Jev

Many thanks

- after doing some searching on the site I found similar questions and answers. The funny thing is I don't really want the CD changer in the centre armrest - I would have preferred a 12vlot socket and audio connection for my ipod (just like in my Saab I have just sold) - sign of the times and advances in technology I suppose.
I will see about pulling out the cd changer and installing a new little pod & connection of my own making (assuming the cd changer has some power to it - must have I guess).

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
That was what I did first. I cut the audio feed from the changer to the head unit, and fed my own audio from the MP3 player. However, the head unit needed to know the CD changer was there otherwise it wouldn't play. So I had to leave the player in place and have it play to itself, sending the appropriate signals to keep the head unit happy. It wasn't the best solution, but it worked until I got the info I needed to use the TV.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members