Aux for the MK1?

Apr 13, 2019
So i bought a MK1 Leon today and i was wondering what to do to connect my phone to the stereo. I was considering either a cassette adaptor or a fm transmitter, but im not sure if they are good options considering the audio quality. So currently i'll either get a fm transmitter or a new stereo. I was wondering if any of you guys have any better suggestions to get my phone to connect to the stereo.

Thank You.

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
So i bought a MK1 Leon today and i was wondering what to do to connect my phone to the stereo. I was considering either a cassette adaptor or a fm transmitter, but im not sure if they are good options considering the audio quality. So currently i'll either get a fm transmitter or a new stereo. I was wondering if any of you guys have any better suggestions to get my phone to connect to the stereo.

Thank You.
You can get an adaptor to plug into the cd changer leads to turn into a usb. I'll see if I can find a link to one.

Edit: here https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/380722295243

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: SIXLIES

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
I'v got the original cassette stereo. Got no cd changer.
Not sure how that connects. Maybe it will want to connect to the cd changer lead? If so it won't work. I'll have a look tomorrow for that thread about this adapter. If you Google I'm sure you will find it quicker but if memory serves me right you will need to cd changer lead, I maybe wrong.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

chriswales6

Mar 2, 2016
+1 on the USB or even better a SD card.

Replaced my head unit years ago with a Sony CD player, it has an AUX socket on the front but only used it a few times. Way too much hassle.
Luckily the CD plays MP3 tracks, so I burn around 100 songs on a blank CD and stick it on shuffle play.
If I need to the replace it I'll get one with a SD card slot, single DIN units are dirt cheap these days.

Zardoz

Sep 6, 2016
North West
I was very lucky and bagged a Panasonic head unit, with RED display so it matches with all the other dash lights, for £19 off eBay.

USB with iPhone control too. Had to get a fascia kit as already mentioned above theres a fair gap left once the Aura headhunt came out but that was only about a tenner if I remember right. Freed up space in the glovebox too once the 6 cd changer was out too (needed a piece of trim for the gap left there as well).

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members