Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

Aux In Alana Headunit

Discussion in 'Ibiza Mk4 (2002-2008)' started by RichIbizaSport, Jun 12, 2007.

1. RichIbizaSport

RichIbizaSport Says Bye! x

Ive already searched by the way, but theres never been a definative answer

Im currently building a carputer for my 02 1.9 TDi, and im obviously going to need to get the sound from my carputer to the aux in of the headunit

I really dont want to buy a new headunit.

I know about buying a connects2 unit thing to fool the headunit into thinking there is a cd changed connected. Does anyone have a direct line to the correct unit?

Any other options?

Has anyone tried connecting these two pins (C3-19, C3-20) directly to the source?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks guys

2. RichieRich

RichieRich Mk4 Golf GT TDi

u can get a iso out out of c2 but not sure about input to be honest.. accept the connect2 thing...

3. MattBennett

MattBennett Active Member

4. RichIbizaSport

wow thanks matt. Im good with a soldering iron but i think that stuffs abit over my head! Anyone around the forum done it before?

any other suggestions?

thanks

5. shefflad

shefflad Opelness

Have you got the AUX Socket next to the handbrake?

6. Tom B

Tom B Active Member

The connects2 box just acts as an aux input, so it will have have wires from 19 and 20 going to their box, which allows you to plug a phono-3.5mm cable.

I used to have this system in my Focus, it worked very well but I craved HU controls.

I've got a Dension Icelink Plus in my Ibiza and it controls through the head unit. However, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone as it makes my iPod crash all the time.

7. spyke85

spyke85 I Like Cheese!

My iPod crashes too, any reason why?

8. RichIbizaSport

i wish! Out of interest, do the ibiza's with the aux socket have cd changers?

Surely it cant be as simple as connecting the two pins to some phono cables, costing a max of £5.

Can anyone confirm?

What the monkies is in this box?

[​IMG]

9. justlivyalife

Nope, the ones with AUX sockets have MP3 CD players instead of a changer.

10. RichieRich

RichieRich Mk4 Golf GT TDi

it looks like a 3.5mm out, aux (mono) out and a cd changer out but dont count me on that...

11. TllEWL

If you've ever pressed the CD button on the headunit you'll see it just flashes up CHANGER (as in, there's no flippin' changer)

All this or the Sony adapters (another Connects2 interface box) do is make the connection - with the right resistance/signal - between pins 13, 14 & 17 to open up the Aux input on pins 19 & 20

If you connect a Sony CD/MD changer, but plug your iPod/generic MP3 player into the phono plugs, the CD/MD spins and progresses through the tracks but you get the sound from your player

12. RichIbizaSport

Does anyone know what the correct resistance/signal is?

13. TllEWL

I've opened up a Sony Changer adapter one and there were about half a dozen resistors and a 555 style chip

You're not going to be able to reverse engineer/make one :no:

14. RichIbizaSport

just so happens that i have a massive load of resistors and a 555 chip :p . Dammit, i really didnt want to have to splash out on one of these things, cheapest ive found a connects2 is £55 :( .Anyone fancy helping to find the absolute cheapest method of getting aux in on the alana?

15. RichIbizaSport

16. TheCraig

TheCraig Scaramanger!

Hi - I bought this one on Ebay - 28 Quid plus postage. Works like dream ! But if you already have a multi changer it wont work as you need to use the same plug as the changer uses. Plug it in, earth it in and go - you just listen through it on by pressing the CD6 button.

17. justlivyalife

Rich - it's a standard SEAT one - this pic might show it a little bit:

[​IMG]

18. RichIbizaSport

Ah cool, thats certainly not as steep as £55! I dont have a cd changer. Can you confirm that you have a mk4, with the head unit like the picture above? and no cd changer. thanks!

Excellent, so you have the aux in at the hand brake?

Does anyone know where the aux in cable goes? do these "mp3 editions" have something different at the back of the headunit?

thanks again everyone

19. TheCraig

TheCraig Scaramanger!

Yup, Mines an 03 plate MK4 with the standard Alana Head unit and no multi changer. same as the picture you have above

At the minute i just have the jack dangling out from behind the blower control unit behind the ash tray (can push it back up to hide it). Plugs straight into any standard mp3 player / ipod.

Im planning on getting the flush mounted aux input jack from SEAT eventually and wiring it up properly - but mounting it somwhere down near the ashtray or that bit of facia trim directly below the blower dials. much better than next to the hand brake!

btw, when it arrived, the invoice said that it was cheaper buying direct (rather than on ebay) so try www.hi-fi-links.co.uk or email sales@hi-fi-links.co.uk.

20. Nath.

Nath. The Gentlemans Express

Im planning on getting the flush mounted aux input jack

don't pay seat prices, you can get the jack from maplin or tandy with gold plated contacts for a few quid off the shelf and a nice black gromet to make it look pukka