Aux port/ USB - Activating?

Jacey Boy

Mar 10, 2004
Bournemouth, Dorset
We have an 07 Cupra, there is a Aux port on the centre arm space but upon trying to connect it to the stereo nothing happens, so I checked the Audio manual and according to it there should be a CD/AUX button on the unit, but there isnt, just CD only, also says there should be a USB port under the seat but there isnt, should we have this on the car as the Aux port is there?:confused:

Last edited:

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
IIRC if you have the ipod conector under your seat you dont have the AUX in the centre console.

to use the AUX i think you have to go into the stereos menu and enable it , cant remeber what button to press , have a search , its been discussed before.
once its enabled you can get it by flicking through the source button on your steering wheel.

Rob.

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
you can only have 1 extra inpout on the head unit; so thats either a CD changer, Aux In, Ipod, or USB.

mnkiboy

May 28, 2009
Warrington
The button on the head unit should say CD/AUX, I find it odd that it only says CD.
Perhaps the head unit in your car was swapped out at some stage for a model without AUX in?

CupraLee K1

298bhp @ JKM
Oct 26, 2004
Fareham, Hampshire
Should be in the setup menu .. and then you will need to put a tick in "Activate AUX port".

Mine's got CD/HDD/AUX at the top :)

Cant recall direct instructions... Will pop out to car on lunch break to have a look ;)

Jacey Boy

Mar 10, 2004
Bournemouth, Dorset
Have you got Touch screen display? :confused:

This is what I have....

DSC01518.jpg

DSC01517.jpg

CupraLee K1

298bhp @ JKM
Oct 26, 2004
Fareham, Hampshire
Right ok .. I've got the Touchscreen Sat Nav thingy-bob so that's how i got into it last time because there is a button on bottom right that says 'Setup' :happy:

As for your one pal .. unfortunately cant help .. Sorry :(

product

Nov 6, 2007
Have you tried pressing the CD button twice? True, for most people it does say CD/AUX, but the function underneath should be the same.

Pressing it multiple times should swap between the CD and AUX inputs.

(If you're in Radio mode and press the CD/AUX button while the CD drive is empty, it will usually "ping" and jump you into AUX mode instead.)

LeonMunkee

Jan 5, 2008
Reading, Berkshire
From memory:

Turn the head unit on
Press 'PROG'
Press the round button below the '>' arrow on the screen
Press the round button below the 'auxin' (I think) option
Press the '<' or '>' (next/prev track buttons above the volume control) to turn it on or off.

If you don't get an 'auxin' (or similar) option, then check if you have the 'CD changer' icon on the screen. It'll be next to the single circle icon (which indicates a CD is inserted), and will look like two overlapping circles. If this is present, then the unit thinks a CD changer/ipod/USB is connected, and won't enable the aux in socket.

From what I know there 2 versions of the SE3xx head unit that were used in pre-facelift Mk2 Leons:

- SE359: Non-MP3 unit, with 'CD' button, used in MY05 & 06 cars (Pic)
- SE360: MP3 unit, with 'CD/AUX' button used in MY07 & 08 cars (Pic)

Looks like your car got the aux-in centre console jack, but got an MP3 head unit without the 'AUX' label on the 'CD' button, so maybe there is a third version of the unit with MP3 capability but no 'AUX' input selection. Would be interesting to know if these unit have CD changer control capability or not....

Last edited:

LeonMunkee

Jan 5, 2008
Reading, Berkshire
Yes it does disappear:shrug:
It's the FM stereo indicator then, and not a CD changer icon.

If I had to guess I'd say your car got the centre console from the 07 model year but an earlier head unit which couldn't use the input (or the input was not connected). Have you had it since new, or is it possible a previous owner had the head unit changed? I know some poeple had the 'CD DRIVE ERROR' defect and had the units replaced under warranty, so maybe the wrong replacement unit was used.

Does it play MP3 CDs correctly, or only normal audio CDs?

Either way, I'm not really sure what else to suggest, apart from taking it to the dealer and asking him to investigate.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members