Aux water pump

jonesya3

Dec 28, 2005
Liverpool
Been having afew problems with the above pump not staying on when the cars switched off, sometimes it will work fine but other days it wont just wondering if anyone ones got some advice on what it might be or anything to check for to rule out a faulty pump as from searching on here they are 80 quid upwards :(

ttothec

Apr 20, 2006
Reading
if ur having problems with it i wouldnt be too worried about removing it and just putting an elbow in!

i replaced mine a while ago (paid £90) cos it was leaking... but later realised that it is not on the 1.8t golf or tt... so i assume that no harm would be done by removing it... u would probably want to let the turbo cool down following some spirited driving.

with the pump unplugged (if u rempoved it) i found that no error codes were logged

if mine goes again il be doing this

jonesya3

Dec 28, 2005
Liverpool
thanks for all the replys not getting any over heating problems and it works every now and again but if its not massively important ill just remove it as advised cheers all

thewiizard

Tarmac Tantaliser
Jan 15, 2007
Rugby, Midlands
www.tbfh.org
well its only a water pump so it won't effect your turbo after your engine is turned off due to the turbs not being water cooled. Seeing as no oil will be pumping having the water pump on of off makes no difference...

It will however extend the life of your engine after 'Spirited Driving' :)

thewiizard

Tarmac Tantaliser
Jan 15, 2007
Rugby, Midlands
www.tbfh.org
broke relay perhaps??? Not sure exactly how it operates to be honest.

I don't imagine its any more than a fused time-delay relay circuit. To diagnose it, Id probably trace the live from the pump to the fuse box and see what's controlling it or perhaps Autodata might list it in the wiring diagrams.

pepper

Jan 26, 2008
Mansfield
This post has made me realise that mine isnt working. Will look into it but just for reference will it be a dealer part had quick look on euro car parts and cant find one.

Mark

truCido

Race Lupo in progress...
Dec 11, 2003
Bristol
www.vagowners.co.uk
well its only a water pump so it won't effect your turbo after your engine is turned off due to the turbs not being water cooled. Seeing as no oil will be pumping having the water pump on of off makes no difference...

It will however extend the life of your engine after 'Spirited Driving' :)

thats not true, coolant is circulated around the turbo, it is water cooled....

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members