Avoid Horizon LEDs if you want to receive anything ordered

NeilMcK

Dec 31, 2007
Central Scotland
Just a heads up for folks on the site to avoid this outfit if you want to avoid parting with money and receive nothing in return.

I thought I'd take the plunge and upgrade the halogen fog lights on my FR to LED to match the headlights and enable the cornering lights.

I ordered H8 replacements on 24 November, and apart from an immediate confirmation have heard absolutely nothing, nor have I received anything. THeir web site showed them as "in stock".

I've emailed asking about status a few times now, and they seem to have a weird queuing system where if you email several times you get put to the back of the queue - which is a bad sign, there is also no telephone number, also a bad sign.

Folks might say I'm impatient not wanting to wait more than 2 weeks for items I paid for, but in-stock should mean what it says.

So, I'm now left to talk to my card company to get a refund because as far as I'm concerned they have broken their contract with me.

Sorry to rant, but awful service should be called out so folks avoid the same mistakes others make.

Neil.

Reactions: Mystery290

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
No land line because they have no retail shop.

Please Note:

Horizon LEDs currently offers the sale of its products via our online store only. We operate from within the UK and can offer next day & even worldwide shipping. We do not operate from a retail shop & do not offer customer collections or a fitting service as such; we apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Please feel free to contact us using the form below with any query you may have. We are also contactable on our company Facebook page.

Horizon LEDs
1 Forrest Close
Bradford
West Yorkshire
BD6 1BB
United Kingdom

Company Number: 09468556
VAT Reg Number: GB 222 4805 35

NeilMcK

Dec 31, 2007
Central Scotland
No land line because they have no retail shop.

Please Note:

Horizon LEDs currently offers the sale of its products via our online store only. We operate from within the UK and can offer next day & even worldwide shipping. We do not operate from a retail shop & do not offer customer collections or a fitting service as such; we apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Please feel free to contact us using the form below with any query you may have. We are also contactable on our company Facebook page.

Horizon LEDs
1 Forrest Close
Bradford
West Yorkshire
BD6 1BB
United Kingdom

Company Number: 09468556
VAT Reg Number: GB 222 4805 35

Thanks for the contact info guys. I tend to avoid facebook etc. as they are simply data harvesters - I know it happens but no harm in trying to minimize it.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Thanks for the contact info guys. I tend to avoid facebook etc. as they are simply data harvesters - I know it happens but no harm in trying to minimize it.
Their facebook page is empty anyway. I very much suspect speaking to your card provider is the best option.

apr95

Obd Eleven programming
Jul 21, 2014
I second this, just fob you off with lies and fake promises, can't rate Autobeam high enough though for a alternative recomedation :footysup:

TheVoice

Jun 11, 2016
Scotland
I bought a load of interior LEDs for my Leon in May last year and had no problems, it's a shame they seem to have declined since then though, their product range was pretty good.

IbizaNI

Mar 23, 2015
Newtownards, Northern Ireland
I previously bought some LED bulbs off them in 2015 and then at the start of this year, they were very good with communication, however, I contacted them and asked them on whatsapp if they were still in business at the start of this year before purchasing, as I noticed their Facebook page had gone very quiet over the past year or so and they confirmed they were still trading, saying they were very busy and didn't have much time to post on Facebook. Delivery was prompt and the quality of the bulbs were good, shame to see them declining and not answering messages, but definitely give them a shout via whatsapp.

Bustabloodklart

May 2, 2017
Form an orderly queue I guess guys........
I bought some low beams back in March and all went well with the products being great,
HOWEVER, on the back of this I decided to order the High beams in November and you've guessed it
no product and now no answer to either whatsapp (never a good sign a business only having a whatsapp No)
or emails either.
I'm not unreasonable and if they bothered to reply that there is a problem I'd be prepared to wait a while/Christmas post and
HMRC sitting on them could be the reason but totally blanking the punter is just not on.
Anyone reading this and considering ordering from them should perhaps look elsewhere.

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Form an orderly queue I guess guys........
I bought some low beams back in March and all went well with the products being great,
HOWEVER, on the back of this I decided to order the High beams in November and you've guessed it
no product and now no answer to either whatsapp (never a good sign a business only having a whatsapp No)
or emails either.
I'm not unreasonable and if they bothered to reply that there is a problem I'd be prepared to wait a while/Christmas post and
HMRC sitting on them could be the reason but totally blanking the punter is just not on.
Anyone reading this and considering ordering from them should perhaps look elsewhere.

HMRC should have nothing to do with shipments from this company - they are listed as a UK business.
If you are asked to pay import duty - REFUSE - it is their responsibility as a UK business to have paid the duty.

Bustabloodklart

May 2, 2017
Sorry Mate, I should have been clearer,- obviously they get their stock from abroad and HMRC (civil servants) sit on incoming goods pending customs payment/clearance which may add to delays/I’m being very kind here and excusing what is still pretty poor behaviour.

Reactions: DEAN0

Bustabloodklart

May 2, 2017
OK I’m going to give it another 24hrs before I damn them completely but sadly it looks as though all those negative comments across the web are true.
I’ll give a full(ish) report over the weekend but meantime would I recommend them?
No
If I knew someone was going to order from them I’d advise “for goodnesss sake make sure you pay by Paypal’”.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.