AVOID - JCT600 Menston

devJORD

OBD11 Wizard
Nov 14, 2014
Alright, so this won't be the worst story you've ever heard but it's enough to avoid them with your new purchase.

I went to Menston Leeds to look at the Ibiza FR's, after a test drive I ordered a new one. Once I bought it, signed the order forms, gave my ID. I never heard from them at all. I was told to wait a month for it to arrive. So I did... Then a month later I call and ask what's happening and I got "oh it's on the boat."... Wait weeks later, then call back... "Oh it's ready for delivery!". These are the sorts of things I'd expect to be told. The dealer then told me I had to pick it up on some weekday which I just couldn't make due to work commitments and asked to pick it up on the weekend (they are open) and I got "Oh, we don't like doing handovers on weekends." It wasn't until I spoke to the manager and pulling the whole "I just bought a brand new £14,000 car and you're telling me you can't let me pick it up on a weekend..." I got to pick it up on a Saturday.

I then pick it up to find the fog light wasn't even attached. How this wasn't spotted before hand I don't know. It also didn't have any fuel what so ever to the point where the dealer said "there isn't any fuel in it so you will have to drive carefully to the closest petrol station to put some in. Let us know if you don't make it."

So a couple of days later I took it back to get the fog light fitted. They then gave me a little pink Peugeot as a courtesy car that had some sticky substance on EVERYTHING. I had to drive with tissues in my hands which still managed to tear off and stick to the steering wheel. I then complain about all of this and they offer me a free detail on my car which I can claim any time.

Now, today I went to claim my tyre insurance as my tyre has a puncture. I called them and I got "oh you need to fill out a form and hand it in to us. The number to get the form posted to you is *blah blah blah*". I then proceeded to explain to the guy on the phone that needing to call someone, who will then send a letter out, which I need to fill out and hand in is unacceptable and I should be able to go into the dealership and fill out any forms that need to be filled out. "oh sir, if you wanted to come in and fill the form out you can...." Seriously? You ask me to get one posted out first?

Ok, so I can fill a form out at the dealership. Not too bad, just stop at every petrol station on my way and fill up my tire until I get there then fill it out.... I then ask them if I can get a courtesy car... "sorry we don't have any". Ok how long will I need to wait? "2 - 3 hours!"

So in summery, the service they provide is disgusting and the service department can't handle the demand.

devJORD

OBD11 Wizard
Nov 14, 2014
So I got my tyre fixed but they scratched the rim to pieces. I took it back in today to get the rim fixed and I've just received a call from them saying that they can't paint black wheels!!!

Useless. Absolutely useless!

Last edited:

marty_34

Apr 21, 2012
TEESSIDE
having a mare with jct - got a wheel full of smart repairs been waiting weeks for a replacement wheel.

could organise a pi%% up in a brewery

Glarh

Apr 6, 2016
They are terrible this very garrage. I purchased a ibiza fr 2 years ago. Was told the car was mint. Once checked the car I notice cigarette burns I'm the seats and a pillar, a torn up service book in the glove box in pieces to resemble a roach for the use of narcotics lol. I then noticed the centre caps were wrecked so requested new ones of which would be posted to me. Ooh another great thing they forgot to mention was the fact the car came with one key. Dafuq. They again said they would post it out and when it's delivered I can take it to my local dealer for coding. So with all these issues I managed to get a further 1k off the price. Fast forward 2 weeks driving down a duel carriage way and a big metallic thud came to my attention..upon inspection I couldn't see anything popped to the local garrage and my engine was "broke" and a new one was to be fit along with my new centre caps and key coding. They done all of the above at listers in Birmingham (by the blues ground) and I then checked on the work that had been carried out the key worked fine the engine "worked" and the new center caps that were fitted must have been fitted by someone using an lump hammer as they were wedged in and bent at a strange angle and the surrounding paint was again wrecked. I immediately called the manager of whom denied all knowledge of this damage occurring in his garrage as he stated "the guys here a really good" good at what? Breathing? Making daisy chains. Because I can see for a fact their workmanship towards cars in piss. He then agreed to get it repaired. I didn't get round to getting it sorted as I sold the car as the engine didn't feel right. Still if that makes no sense excuse me. Still all the best

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

Briant566

Oct 12, 2014
West Yorks England
Well done Menston

My Leon 1.4 had the ECP light come on three days before Christmas phoned up and they said they were short staffed and fully booked but to bring it up and leave it I only live a mile away .
The faulty was the turbo and they had also found a fault with the rear light and the sat nav ? They would try and get all the parts but would struggle as Christmas. This was Tuesday and on Thursday call from them car ready New turbo fitted new rear light fitted and sat nav on back order.
So no compliant about this Garage From Me

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members