Awesome GTI Clutch - £625 and worth every penny!

Dec 25, 2009
I bought one of these clutch kits on the 'Black Friday' Awesome GTI sale day a couple of weeks back now and it should be on the car by middle of next week or so, along with a Wavetrac LSD :D

Will drop a note back in here how I find the car once it' all done.

Before you fit the concentric cyl just make sure its fits as easily as the old unit.

cupra-rich

Dec 28, 2008
coventry
Ok so im a bit concerned that my clutch kit from awesome gti has got very noisey with quite alot of vibration especially on cold start up, this gets quiter once the car has been driven & warmed up.
Has anyone come across this so far or got any veiws as to why this is happening now? The clutch up to now has been fine and i've been very happy with it.

Dec 25, 2009
Ok so im a bit concerned that my clutch kit from awesome gti has got very noisey with quite alot of vibration especially on cold start up, this gets quiter once the car has been driven & warmed up.
Has anyone come across this so far or got any veiws as to why this is happening now? The clutch up to now has been fine and i've been very happy with it.

Mine is still off road so not had chance to drive much :( Could you describe the noise a little more? Does the noise go away when you push the clutch pedal down at all? The issues being listed and the problems iv had i wish id just gone for a Sachs Diesel Clutch kit! Hopefully my noise issue is now sorted but will find out when the car comes back on road.

Last edited:

cupra-rich

Dec 28, 2008
coventry
That's bad news mate, I feel for ya!
On start up its like a real loud rumble n clatter, with quite a lot of vibration. The sound kinda goes at the biting point when in gear, but is always there even when the clutch peddle is depressed. Like I say does seem to go after car has been warmed up. Any ideas?

Dec 25, 2009
Sounds strange to only happen when cold.. Where about in Cov are you?

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2009
Wyken mate. Are you local? Gear selection is a little harder too, until warmed up.

Im in Leicester but may go to see a friend in Cov soon, as silly as it may sound do you have the correct amount of oil in box? Or if you coming by Leicester i wouldnt mind having a look.

Last edited:

cupra-rich

Dec 28, 2008
coventry
Yeah oil in the box. Let me know when your over my way will try to meet up. Don't get over your end unless I'm in the works van.

maxitrol

Andy
Mar 5, 2010
just put a post up to see who had this clutch fitted as my car is going to get one fitted on 1st may

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
I have it fitted.

Still been sound on mine. Driven it a bit harder now to push it all seems well.

W11TTX

Apr 23, 2012
Cheshire
Well my heads battered trying to figure out what clutch to go for. Iv read to stay away from techniclutch. And others off eBay and euro car parts are there cheap re manufactured parts. Then there is this awesome kit but iv been told the single mass conversion puts strain on the box and can break the box. What milage is everyone on and what milage have you done with the awesome clutch in? My cars done 76k so wondering gear box is likely to go boom?

cleverspoon

Sep 17, 2011
Read it all now......that leon2012 was quite comical lmao!!!

How many people have this kit fitted to their pd150's? All seem ok...much vibration at idle (as the diesels vibrate a lot more)

maxitrol

Andy
Mar 5, 2010
can't wait to get mine fitted and also getting the s3 inter cooler done as well..then i can get the map tweaked on my car.Looks like may is going go be expensive month

W11TTX

Apr 23, 2012
Cheshire
Well mines booked in for Monday for the awesome clutch kit so I hope it defo is worth the money. Can't wait to try it out and be able to drive the car properly

john_tdi

mmm 385lbft
Feb 21, 2007
s wales
Read it all now......that leon2012 was quite comical lmao!!!

How many people have this kit fitted to their pd150's? All seem ok...much vibration at idle (as the diesels vibrate a lot more)

leon2012 was/is a few sandwiches short of a picnic.

He would argue black was red!

Wish this kit was around when I fitted mine, back when I had my pd150.

danfr

Sep 13, 2007
horsham
have been running one on my pd150 for at least 10k miles. its been great.
no slipping, holds power even from low revs w high gear. vibration isnt any more noticeable than it was with the old dmf. I think the reason for this is that the valeo single mass flywheel they use is pretty heavy.
by far the cheapest way of holding torque on a mapped tdi - £625 and I fitted myself in an afternoon. cant complain

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.