AYP engine rebuild

ajprowett

Sep 3, 2015
Looking to rebuild my 1.8 20vt AYP engine and was wondering if you guys know of anyone that could supply all the parts needed for a engine rebuild

Cheers

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

ajprowett

Sep 3, 2015
Engines being rebuilt as part of an ongoing project to restore the whole car. Once rebuilt it will be running a k03s with a custom map so probably looking at about 230-250 brake with all associated mods. Im going to be using rifle drilled rods and coated shells and all that good stuff just because I may as well while the lumps out but apart from that where can I source the rest of the bits?

ajprowett

Sep 3, 2015
Is the engine loosing compression, burning oil or been a victim of sludginng? The sort of engine components you're suggesting would be wasted on 250bhp.
Mainly for longevity but also incase I decide to go big turbo in the future

Pimped up vario

Cordy Cruizer
Nov 20, 2009
Belfast N Ireland
I would do the rods and shell bearings which google search will bring up loads of suppliers. The valve train would be something to concentrate on but I forget what manufacturers cover it, writers block i'm afraid. I'll post if I remember. The valve train lets you rev out more and works well with big turbos and well with hybrid k03 and the like that rev on out to 7500/8000 rpm.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.