Back In A Leon At Last

John007

Apr 17, 2005
Cambs
It has taken 3 months of hunting and now at last I am back in a Leon.

After having had my Golf Gti for 2 Years I have picked up a mint 2 Year old Candy White Leon Fr TDI with Body Kit.

This will be the first Diesel I have ever owned, to be honest I am quite impressed with how it goes and am just waiting to have my Bluefin reset.

I do have a couple of questions,

Of you that are running Bluefin, do you notice a marked difference in performance?

The wheels on the car are the standard 17" FR wheels, which to be honest look lost against the kit.

I am looking to change these for 18" alternative, which wheels suit the car best?

I will be looking for a silver alloy as I am not a great lover of the black ones.

chrisjgill

Dec 13, 2007
Skipton
What do you think comparing the 2 cars? I am due to move back to a leon FL FR from a MK6 golf so not sure how the interior will compare? Pretty sure the handling will be as good if not better but wondering where the cheaper 4k price tag shows...

John007

Apr 17, 2005
Cambs
I loved the Golf, it was a great car although it did everything that you wanted it to do but it was a bit dull and boring, Seats have always been more driver focused.

The Interior of a Seat is not as good as the VW but this is where the major saving in price is made.

Thing is you do not drive along looking at the dashboard or feeling it thinking to yourself the plastic is not as spongy as the golf's was.

I do not think that you will be dissapointed as the cars drive virtually identically although the Seat has that little something that puts the fun back into driving and a smile on your face.

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
What do you think comparing the 2 cars? I am due to move back to a leon FL FR from a MK6 golf so not sure how the interior will compare? Pretty sure the handling will be as good if not better but wondering where the cheaper 4k price tag shows...

I personally think the FL Leon's interior is a lot better compared to the Pre-FL, the new steering wheel is a lot better quality. It just has a better feel about it IMO :)

Danny.

SeatDanny

Developing SEAT owner!
Oct 29, 2009
Northern Ireland, Belfast
i take it you mean the btcc/aero kit, i would recommend the BBS SEAT SPORT wheels in 18" as usually comes with the kit. See below:

IMG_1267.jpg

John007

Apr 17, 2005
Cambs
I have now ordered a set of RS4 Replicas, these are very similar to the ones that you have pictured above.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.