Bad Radio Signal

griff82

Leon Cupra 20v Turbo
Jan 13, 2009
ever since i had my car the signal for the radio is really bad,it seems the only station i can pick up is crackle fm.

had a look behind the stereo and it seems there is like two male aerial ends one thats quite thin which is the one in my stereo and the other is normal sized but the end dident fit in the back of my stereo,i choped the end and put one that did fit but that dident pick up anything
so just put the old one back in which does pick up stations but is really crackerly.

basicly i was just wondering if it is very easy to put brand new cable in right from the aerial or if anyone has any tips and tricks i can do:help:

cheers let me know

Dolly_Gti

G60 spooling up.
Aug 15, 2006
china town
you can get a digital ariel if you have a digital radio, you run a wire and conceal it in the A pillar area.

id assume you dont wanna go and buy a digital radio, but the idea of fitting your own ariel mast is probably easier than running a new one to the rear of the roof under the headlining?

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Have a look at the base of the aerial in the roof, this can deteriorate and cause signal loss, water and other crap gets in it. Replace it.

Although two aerial leads does sound puzzling, maybe a previous owner had a digital radio and theres a digital aerial hidden somewhere in your car.