Bad speakers?

Donjuan1984

Jan 11, 2010
Hi guys.

I've had my 2010 Ibiza 1.6 petrol for about a week now...

I havent played over 13-14 on the standard HU with +2 on the Bass.

This morning when I drove to work the back right speaker started to make strange noises. As if it was popped...

Could it be a connection problem or yall think it's broke?

iandjm

Nov 23, 2007
Isle of Wight
Hi guys.

I've had my 2010 Ibiza 1.6 petrol for about a week now...

I havent played over 13-14 on the standard HU with +2 on the Bass.

This morning when I drove to work the back right speaker started to make strange noises. As if it was popped...

Could it be a connection problem or yall think it's broke?

Hi,

I have the same model too. I have noticed the rear speakers cause the rear trim to vibrate. I have biassed most of the sound to the front now, and it sounds a lot better. I guess you could have a loose wire, but it's worth trying the front bias first.

Ian

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
Try it under controlled circumstances, ie, fade eveyrthing to that speaker with the engine off and background noise to a minimum and see how it sounds then.
If it's the speaker that's dodgy it'll sound naff all the time, if it's the trim it'll only start going when you turn it up some.

Dave217

Ibiza Mk 5 owner
Nov 2, 2009
Warrington
i have put a subwoofer in my car and it rarely goes below 20 haha, i dont know what i would do if one of my speakers went

Donjuan1984

Jan 11, 2010
i have put a subwoofer in my car and it rarely goes below 20 haha, i dont know what i would do if one of my speakers went

Rarely goes below 20 haha! Bass setting to +-0?

Was it easy to fit a subwoofer? Where did you put it? Trunk?

Dave217

Ibiza Mk 5 owner
Nov 2, 2009
Warrington
yeah its in the trunk, there easy to fit if you know what your doing XD my bass is set to -6 and the car still shakes haha

the sub is a little bit too big =]

img2199c.jpg

Donjuan1984

Jan 11, 2010
yeah its in the trunk, there easy to fit if you know what your doing XD my bass is set to -6 and the car still shakes haha

the sub is a little bit too big =]

Haha maby a little to big! No room left for the golfbag then :p haha

How was the installation? Tough or quite easy? You´re using the standard HU?

Dave217

Ibiza Mk 5 owner
Nov 2, 2009
Warrington
yeah i didnt want to take the standard HU out because i really like the look of it, it just means i sacrifice sub control, the installation wasnt too bad just gotta look at what your doing and take your time, i should really get a 'how to' done with pictures, but it means taking it apart again........ maybe if i get some time off work ill do one

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members